Season 4 Episode 10

Disclaimer: I only own Layla all other characters unless otherwise noted belong to someone else.

A/N: Reminder that I wrote this story 10 Years ago. I was a different writer then so if something is off or too Mary Jane I apologize. But I do hope you still enjoy.

Thanksgiving- my favorite always, I'll be spending it giving thanks For the bounty of secrets I've harvested from you this leave a place for me at your table.I'll be back for just desserts.

Layla walked down the street with Nate. Sophie on Nate's shoulders.

"I was gonna swing by before we left for grandfather's, If that's still okay with you." Nate said into the phone "She just needs more time, dad... She'll come around, I promise...but Layla and I have a surprise for you... Let me talk to her. I'll see you soon, okay? Yeah."

Nate hung up and then took Sophie off his back and put her down.

"Unc Nate, up"

"No Sophie, his shoulders hurt" Layla said to her daughter. Sophie crossed her arms and pouted.

"Oh she is clearly your daughter" Nate said as they aproched their old house " , what are you doing here?"

"Nathaniel. Layla Just, uh, dropping off some papers for your mother."

"On Thanksgiving?" Layla said picking up Sophie.

"Yes well, they're time-sensitive."

Layla looked at the envelope, she knew that enevelope.

"You know what? She's She's not in right now." Nate said "She's getting her hair done, so I can give that to her."

"Uh Well Okay. Have a good one." Stahl said and left.

Layla walked over to him and grabbed the enevelope.

"These are divorce papers Nate"

"What?"

"I'll catch up with you later, I need to see Chuck" Layla said and hailed a taxi for her and Sophie.

When she arrived there she went up the elevator and entered a serious conversation.

"Now I'm worried." Eric said.

"Charles?"

"She's not at the Empire."

"Layla" Lily said "Have you talked or seen Serena?"

"No I haven't, I just came from my mom's"

"Well, then where the hell is she?"

Everything happened so fast. They got a call about Serena being in the hospital and that she was found in a hotel room. Now they were at the hospital. Layla sat to the side. All she could really think about was her parents getting a divorce. She knew it was selfish of her but that's all she could think about. Chuck sat down next to her and grabbed her hand.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, just a lot for one day"
"She'll be okay, you know that. You've seen her at her very worse"

"But Chuck, this is worse than her worse, I just feel so conflicted about it"

"Why?"

"I also feel selfish, my mom filed for divorce and I can't get it off my mind"
Chuck pulled her close and kissed the top of her head.

"Everything will be okay"

"When did you get a heart?" she said bringing back their old joke
"There are lots of things that contributed to it, including this sleeping angel. When did she pass out?"