Let me fix your hair

Monspeet rested his hand on the top of derieris head, her body stood tense, her eyes fixated and the ground before her. Monspeet looked down at her butchered and chopped hair "let me fix your hair, okay?" Derieri looked up at nodded "hm".

Derieri sat in a stool in front of a round mirror, her eyes wandering around, taking in the surroundings of the small cottage her and monspeet now reside in. The faint clipping and snipping of the scissors and monspeet talking about Grayroad and Fraudrin being the only sound. She tunes it out slightly, not fully paying attention.

Her attention is brought back by monspeet setting a hand on her shoulder "And with that, were finished, tell me, What do you think?" he crouches a bit, watching her reflection as she examines herself in the mirror "mm" she softly mumbles.
"Glad to hear it" monspeet replies to her noise, watching her in the mirror "hey, why are you staring at me like that?" She questions.

Monspeet redirects the conversation "wait here a second" he turns around, leaving derieri to examine her hair a bit more, running her hands through the sides of her hair.

"Take a look, I found it here in the closet and think you'd look really good in it" he says keeping his monotone expression, holding up an outfit, a red skirt and white button down with a pink vest over it.

Derieri scrunches her noise and grunts, turning around to hit monspeet on the head for his words. She holds her fist consumed in darkness up "Say that again and you're dead" she says, barely a threat.

Monspeet holds his hands up and turns his head "just kidding, just kidding" he pauses "not really, but I apologize, I just couldn't help myself" he admits

Monspeet holds his hands up and turns his head "just kidding, just kidding" he pauses "not really, but I apologize, I just couldn't help myself" he admits.She rolls her eyes before directing herself to the broken window, monspeet following.
They both gaze out, the village and mountains covered in flowers.

"This is. . Can you feel it Derieri?" Monspeet asks, getting a small "hmm" in return.

Quick explanation of what happens after this encounter.

Beyond the village and forest. Elizabeth and zaratras stand, riding on the back of hawks mom. . Derieri and Monspeet attack.

Their short lived winning is interrupted by a now awakened meliodas, Derieri being injured by his attacks, choosing to use herself as bait to monspeet and at least cause damage to meliodas.

Instead meliodas full counters the attack, launching the fiery hell bird back at them, monspeet reaches for Derieri to somewhat shield her from the blow.

Now skip forward to after that short battle.

"Are you alright Derieri?" Monspeet asks, his darkness already healing the singed flesh and wounds on his body. Derieri stares forward at the grass hills "mm" he grunts "we rushed into that battle. We weren't prepared for holy magic or meliodas. Don't fret about small things like this" monspeet replies, placing his hand on derieris head.

Her nose scrunches slightly in destaine, her eyebrows furrowed into a slight scowl "Lets just return to our house" her voice sounded disappointed, her embarrassment apparent in her words.

"Our full power has yet to be restored. If we wait patiently we'll soon stand a chance against meliodas. And possibly the rest of the sins" Monspeet says, being rational, seeking to comfort derieri in some capacity.

He looks down at her, his hand lightly brushing some of her hair out of her line of sight "you mustn't rush into battles. I don't want anything to happen to you"

Derieri gives him a questioning look "whatever".

As they walk monspeet let's his mind wander, their commandments restrict him. Reticence, Those who expressed hidden feelings or emotions would have their voices blocked.

He cannot speak of his feelings, he can only admire.

Purity, thou shall not commit adultery, neither of them have to worry much about that. But reticence hinders him slightly.

Breaking their commandments would give them the fate galand had, becoming stone, forever imprisoning yourself.

"Monspeet" Derieris voice brings his attention back "yes?" He waits for a response, getting nudged my Derieri leaning on him a bit as they walk "I'm tired" she holds her claws made of darkness over her stomach. She bares no real injuries.

Monspeet understands her request, letting her climb up on his shoulders, her thighs resting on his shoulders "rest now derieri. You need to regain your strength"

"Hm" she grunts, placing her arms atop monspeets head so she can rest her own "thanks" she mumbles.

Anything for you Monspeet thinks to himself as he continues the walk, letting derieri rest.