Love Of My Life

Harry

"What is your booking name under?"

"Matilda..."

We stood by the check in counter in a district hotel. I held my duffle bag against my shoulder, keeping her close to me. What a fucking joke, I thought to myself. I was trying my best to show her that I am into her. But all of the moments we've had, I doubt this would work. This is the norm for us.

"Matilda..." The receptionist types in, looking for a booking. I smiled small, knowing these moments we share right now will be in the new album. Easter eggs for her to find out and know how much of a fool I have been, and how hard I have fallen for her.

"Yes, Matilda is here. May I please see both of your identifications, please."

"I take you with me every time I go away

In a hotel using someone else's name,"

Those are certainly some new lyrics.

We soon settled into the suite. I place our carry ons at the table, watching her stand by the living room. She took off her coat, silence taking us over. Silence were often our best friend, looking for one another through the white noise till the stinging sounds disappear. But yet, this silence was different as I could hear her heartbeat from across the room.

She then took off her scarf, a soft sigh falling her chapped lips. I eyed her mouth, her neck, her hair, her delicate fingers through the silk of the scarf. I wanted to crease her ends. She's beautiful. The more I looked at her, the more eager I seemed to show her all the love I have choked up in me.

It was harder to breathe every moment. How could I taste something I've never made love to yet? "Louisa?" I called out. She hummed, looking over her shoulder. "Come to France with me..." I blurted out. "What?" She turns around fully, seemingly shocked at my abruptness.

What was stopping us from to? Nothing.

I didn't know how to say I love her. I do, I did.

But I've said it multiple times that I feared it has lost its essence of its real meaning. So instead of saying it, I will show it to her.

"Yes. Let's do the promise locks like I've promised..." I walked towards her, tossing my coat aside.

She furrowed her brows, "We just arrived, we have to work on the album-"

"I need more time. I need more stories to unfold. It can wait..." I grab her hands softly, looking at her hopefully. I felt like a hopeless romantic in novels, the only thing is, I didn't know if it were a happy outcome. I hoped it was.

"Harry, I don't know..." She softly backs away, turning her back to me as she unpacks her bag. I felt something in me twist from the reaction that I wasn't used from. Especially from her. I thought for a moment what to say next. She wasn't any other woman that can deal with my outburst. She was different, and so I had to react differently and more calmly. I've always had when it came to her.

"May I ask what don't you know?..." I whispered, walking towards her again. I grab her elbows from behind, stopping her actions. "We have work to do, it's why I came to London with you." She turns to face me, too close, I can grab her neck and kiss her.

But I stopped my strong desire.

Something in her words broke me. She was here for work. She acted cold, and distant ever since the tour has started. I looked at her softly, her brown eyes peering up at me. This woman is the love of my life. Even if she didn't speak a word, her eyes could.

I kept looking at her, neither of us breaking our strong eye contact. I wanted to look past her, to read her, to see her through bones and thoughts. And finally, my heart exploded, running my blood warm all over my skin as I finally saw it.

This woman is in love with me just as much as I am in love with her.

"Are you alright?" She cups my cheek.

A sense of relief embraced me, as a breathy laugh escaped my lips. "I've never been better," I took her small hand from my cheek, kissing her knuckles. She sides a smile. A smile I have missed. My heart ponders, jumps, and clings into my chest too tightly that it almost ached me.

"Come with me, Louisa. I promise, everything will be alright..." I mutter against her hand, my eyes glued on her like the ends of a book. Fragile, closed, and intimate.

She took in a sharp breath, a frown softly aching up her lips as she looks down. She was thinking. She softly gripped my hand, looking up again.

"Harry, I wanna be straight with you..."

I nodded, my free hand pushing a strand of her hair away from her face. "Please," I mutter. "Tell me..."

"I have been hurt. I have been left alone. I have kept my peace even when it meant I would lose the people I love the most. I have been a victim, and I have been the heartbreaker..." She reaches up, thumbing the corner of my mouth.

"I have been honest, but I have been in denial."

My lip agapes, her accent filling my ears like a ringtone. The sound I wish to hear once I awake from my ill bed. "We're both old enough to do things that feels right, I believe. And we have been." She whispers.

"I have been so good to us, that all I ask is I don't wanna be hurt. And I don't wanna hurt you. So please, if we're gonna do this. I give you my all, and I hope you will return myself to me just as full as I am giving myself to you now..." Her voice cracks, eyes turning clear as glass, her hand gliding up to my jaw, cupping it.

My heart breaks.

I squeezed her waist, fearing she'll fade like my false promises from everyone but her. "My girl..." I mutter, closing the gap between us as my lips found hers like magnets. I cling her like an anchor deep in sea, our lips moving like a terrible storm, our bodies flowing like ship on sea.

Her soft lips clings on, the taste of her driving my head clouded. I feel her tears stinging my cheeks like a mark until I can taste it against her tongue. "My girl," I mutter again, my hand reaching the back of her neck and cupping it with my palm and fingers, nails softly digging her skin. Her hands roamed my body until she found my back, her small hands landing on the mountain mould of my back like a perfect map.

She pants against my mouth, the air getting hot around us. Sparks beamed my ears as I lifted her up, her arms dangling around my neck like a necklace, legs wrapping around my torso. I led her to the bedroom - her back finding the sheets. My mouth detaches from hers and finding her neck. I felt connected to her, to us. Like our love was the blueprint of love.

"Harry," She calls my name, her delicate fingers finding my hair like the keys she plays. The sound of her moans filling my ears like tunes as I play her with my lips like the right chord. "I am right here, baby," I reassured her, connecting our lips again.

She grabs into the buckle of my belt. I grabbed her hands, pinning them up against her head, holding her wrists up with one hand. I pull away from her soft lips, taking my time to finally look at her beneath me.

Her chest was heaving, hair a mess, lips pink as her cheeks. I eyed her with no shame, smiling to myself. "Harry..." She calls out again. I move my hand from her wrist to both of her hands, lacing our fingers like the strings on the wood of my guitar.

"Baby, you're the love of my life..." I leaned down, our nose touching. She giggles, pecking my lips. "It took you awhile to read me..." She mutters. I pressed my body against hers, her legs gliding up against my sides. "Now I will do you more than reading..." I smirk, closing the gap between us once again.

This time, it were softer. Time didn't exist at this very moment. I breathe her, I smelt her, I melted into her like wax, arousing her all around me. I let go of her hands, finding her cheek. Her arms and hands wrap around me. "Can we wait?" She murmurs.

I pulled away from our kiss, softly creasing her cheek. Not once have I ever heard a woman say those words to me. She innocently plays with the pedant on my necklace. The one she gifted me on my birthday.

"Under one condition..." I playfully smile.

"What is it?" She chuckles, the lustful air dying down into a more comforting, lovable air. It was clear now, why she was distant. She loved me more than that, and didn't want to be hurt. Or, hurt me. Or worse, lose me.

"Be my girlfriend..."