20th Century Vampire

And so, life went on like that for some time. Every day you restored one of the ever-diminishing number of paintings that needed work, and every night you lay in the arms of your lovers. Jonathan would take you out dancing in mid-air, floating around the parlour to the music from the gramophone. Erina would go with you out to the moors, where you would weave flowers into each other's hair and make wild love under the full moon. It was after one of these lovemaking sessions that you were lying in the heather, watching the stars as meteors soared overhead.
"Make a wish!" You smiled.
"I wish that ____ could have the best of both worlds and be happy." Erina said, looking you in the eye. Her eyes flashed reflectively in the moonlight, like a cat's.
"Best of both worlds?" You asked.
"You can love us, yet you can still live as a human. Really, I just want you to be happy." She said, hands behind her head. Her hair hung around her head, decorated with little flowers that you'd added earlier.
"Oh, 'Rina, I want that too." You said, hugging her. "But I'll be here until I finish restorations, at least."
"I wish we could be together forever.... But no, I understand. You've got a human life amongst the living, and a job too! Please, _____, as much as I'd like another fellow Bride, and as much as I love you- don't throw your future and your life away for us."
She kissed your cheek, and you found yourself wishing this too.

A few nights later, you were reclining in the bath with Jonathan and Robert. It was truly a magnificent experience- little candles floated in the water, alongside black flower petals and so much foam. The air smelt sultry and floral, and you were sipping on red wine as you relaxed in the hot water, Jonathan's ample chest making an excellent pillow. Robert lay against his other pec, softly fondling his blue locks.
"Jonathan?" You asked. "Would you be upset if I were to not want to be a vampire?"
"The only was I could be upset with you was if you were sacrificing your own happiness for someone else's, my love." Jonathan replied, a kind look in his eyes. "It was the only reason I hid my vampirism from you, including why Robert took on the role of many servants, in order to not influence your thoughts of me. Whatever your wish is, I shall aim to make it happen and make you happy."
As much as you loved the odd, bohemian romance that took place within this mansion, you couldn't help but miss the outside world too. You missed Leanne and Rosabella, and you truly did love your job. As much as you loved Jonathan, you couldn't seal yourself away from society whilst there was still air in your lungs. So, you made the conscious decision to drag out the last work for as long as possible, in order to get the best of both worlds. You would have to leave one day, however- the living and the dead were two separate things, and you had to live amongst your own.

You hummed contentedly as you worked on a painting, this one depicting the Joestar mansion in a storm. There were just a few little flaws with it, easily cleaned and corrected. You brushed away the last little smear of dirt from the canvas, and stepped back. It was finally finished! You felt proud to have restored the beautiful piece of art, and left it to dry in the ballroom. You headed back through the halls to find another painting, just to find... Nothing. Puzzled, you pulled out the little list you'd made of every painting in the house, and looked through it. Your heart sank at the knowledge as you saw every last one crossed out- you'd finished the job at long last. You'd restored every painting, over the process of two months. Your work was, at long last, finished! A long time ago, you'd be jumping at the chance to escape, but now something held you back. You knew that you had to collect your final wages and leave, but you couldn't bring yourself to. You had to face it, you were in love- and it was tearing you apart.

You were glum at dinner that night. You miserably picked at your meat, unlike your dinner companions.
"What's wrong, _____?" Speedwagon asked, cutting into his raw steak.
"Well, I finished the last painting..." you said, jabbing the rare meat on your plate. "And I want to stay here, I really do, but it means that my work's done and I'll be expected back in Bath soon."
"It doesn't matter where you go, _____, I shall still love you dearly." Jonathan said, sipping from his wineglass. It was full of Robert's thick blood, glistening like a grim syrup. "But I shan't lie, I will miss you should you go."
"I'll head back tomorrow night, so I can say goodbye." You replied with a heavy heart. "I want to stay, I really do, but I don't want to die or abandon my friends."
"No matter what you do, we'll always be right here with you." Erina said in a comforting voice. "And although my heart no longer beats, half of it is all yours, just as half of it is Jonathan's."
You took her hand and kissed her for these sweet words, feeling tears slide down your cheeks. You let them fall like raindrops, lost in the overwhelming emotion of it all.