Chapter Four - Blue hair and skateboards

Ani's Pov:

Adrien and I ended up talking for hours last night. About what it's like being an age regressor. We even got to talking about some of the reasons why we started regressing in the first place. It turns out we both started regressing for the same reasons. Grief and loneliness. He told me about his girlfriend Marinette, who I sit next to in class. He talks about her like she is as super as Ladybug. The way his face lights up with happiness is what I hope for in a relationship someday...

"Hey, new girl!" the girl Adrien said was Alya says, gently bumping her shoulder into mine. Instantly pulling me out of my thoughts of last night.

"H-hey, Alya," I say steadying myself on the school steps. as I was not expecting someone to bump into me.

"So, How was your first day? What happened during the Akuma alert? We were so worried about you and Adrien being stuck out in the halls somewhere. Did you get captured by the Ice Cream man?" Alya shoots questions at me like a machine gun.

Not knowing which question to answer first, I try to answer them all at once, "Yeah it was crazy. Adrien and I stayed in the nurse's office the whole time. We got to see the end of the fight out the window. Ladybug and Cat Noir are incredible!"

The more I tell her of the fight the bigger her eyes grow, "Can I get your eyewitness report for the Ladyblog?" she says, pulling her phone out to record my retelling of the story.

"Uh, yeah I guess," I say, nervous I might out Adrien somehow.

We walked as I talked. By the end of my story we're outside of the classroom, "Wow, wow girl that is amazing! Thank you so much! I will work on this report as soon as I can," before stopping the recording on her phone she asks, "Did you see either Ladybug and Cat Noir transform back? I heard it was a pretty close call and someone might have even seen Cat Noir jump toward the school before he disappeared!"

I smile nervously glancing around the room, thinking of an answer, "Oh. Ha, well, they weren't watching the same fight I was. Both Ladybug and Cat Noir went toward the Eiffel Tower." I have an idea, "Maybe, they have some secret base under the Eiffel Tower like Knight Owl in the Justice Comics."

Alya eats up my idea, "You are so right! All Super Heroes have a secret lair!" She begins to type furiously on her phone, "Sorry, I gotta research this!" She goes and sits at our desk as Adrien and Marinette walk in.

They must have been talking about something funny because they both are laughing as they walk through the classroom door, their hands intertwined.

After Adrien and Marinette and I talked for a few minutes, Mrs. Bustier told us to go find our seats as class was starting.

-- -- --

*Ding-Ding*

A flutter of papers sounds as the class beings to pick up for lunch, "Alright everyone, when you return we will be going over the syllabus for the year. As we weren't able to get to it yesterday."

As we all make our way to the lunch room a cacophony of sounds bulge out of the cafeteria into the hall. Kids talking, lunch trays being given to kids, and kids giving their empty used trays to the kitchen workers.

After deciding between a questionable looking sandwich or pizza with salad, I follow Nino, Adrien and Kim to our class's lunch table. Not knowing where to sit, I stand there awkwardly waiting for the others to arrive.

"It's not assigned seating like in Class Ani, You can sit anywhere." Adrien says chuckling a little at my hesitance as I sit across from him.

"Sorry, I wasn't sure if Queen Bee over there would throw a fit if I sat in her seat or something," I say brushing my nervousness aside. It's okay I'm with friends.