Chapter. 1

It's been a few weeks eversince Swiss has been summoned into the Ministry, and the Multi-ghoul has already won over nearly all of the clergy members and Ghouls.

All expect one hot-headed Fire-ghoul. Sodo hates being around Swiss. He just wants to push him off a balcony and make it look like an accident. And the worst part about this is that he wants to do that because he's jealous.

The Fire-ghoul nearly never gets jealous and just has simple reasons to dislike the others like for example how Aether makes fun of his height in subtle ways, or the way Mountain sometimes leans down to him when they speak.

Sodo does find these things funny every now and then, making it easy for him to overlook his dislike.

But the jealousy he feels towards Swiss just kicks him off completely. How is it possible that this Multi-ghoul suddenly appears and befriends everyone in less than a few days. On top of that, he can control fire.

Fire was supposed to be Sodo's element. He was forced under an element change for this, leaving him with scars and never being able to get his water abilities back because they so urgently needed a Fire-ghoul.

And now Sodo has to share the stage with another Ghoul who is able to control fire, making him feel like everything he went through was for nothing. All the pain, the fact he still can't look in a mirror without tearing up, and that he can't even recognise his own body anymore.

It hurts Sodo, so much, to see Swiss sitting with the other Ghouls and Ghouletts without a care in the world and doing little tricks like growing a plant and putting it in Cirrus hair while he tells her how beautiful she is, or him combining two elements, making it possible for him to make butterflies out of fire and let the fly around the room, through the mix of fire and quintessence.

Sodo doesn't even know if he is jealous at Swiss for bonding so quickly with the others of the pack, or the fact that the pack spends so much time with the Multi-ghoul when they both have only exchanged five words by the introduction.

All the Fire-ghoul knows is that the taller Ghoul is ticking him off, even at this exact moment. Everyone is sitting together on the couch watching a movie.

Swiss sits in the middle with Rain leaning against his left and Cumulus leaning against his right side. Aether is seated between Mountain and Rain with one of his hand in the Multi-ghoul's black curls, scratches his scalp and making the slightly taller Ghoul purr softly, and Cirrus is next to Cumulus, her head laying on the shorter Air-ghoullett's lap while she watches the movie.

Sodo is sitting at the far outer left side, as far away from the purring Ghoul as he possibly could. He knows that the others only act this affectionate and interested in Swiss since they want to make him feel welcome and because he is a completely new kind of Ghoul. And yes, Sodo himself was also very curious about the Multi-ghoul. But he couldn't get over himself to talk to him because he would most likely just curse the taller out.

The Fire-ghoul isn't paying any attention to the movie. He is too busy cursing Swiss out in all the languages he knows while glaring at him, which the Multi-ghoul most likely already noticed due to the feeling of fiery red eyes piercing into the side of his face, making his left pointy ear twitch slightly every now and then.

He was sure he was just jealous of Swiss and not obsessed with the taller in any way.

~~~

Sodo didn't even realize that the movie ended since his eyes had been glued on the side of the Multi-ghoul's face, studying it to the point he could probably draw it perfectly from memory.

He could draw every stubble or the little freckle on Swiss cheeks and nose, the tiny moles under the corner of his eye and the two on his neck, as well as the mole near his hairline and on the slightly bigger one on at the upper corner of his temple, which the Fire-ghoul was able to see whenever Aether pulled the curly hair out of the Multi-ghoul's face, down to the two little grown shut piercings on his earlobe where the taller Ghoul probably once had earrings in.