this is how you drown in your own ocean

if my mind is a place, it would be a still ocean. everything is vast and blue yet empty and cold. how can you have so much and not have anything at all?

i hear a faint voice from afar. i try to find where it comes from but it wasn't the only one coming out. there is nothing around but stifled sounds from different directions and i'm at the middle of it all. which voice do you listen to if every one of them whispers at the same time?

i try to swim upwards as high as i could using the little amount of oxygen i have but i never left my place. i feel my lungs squeezing the air out of my system. there is nothing around, but i feel my body trembling, terrified at something that might come to devour me. anything in the unknown that might chase me to death.

unknown. the very word that scares me to my core. it feeds my anxiety like a hungry shark, seeking to swallow my being if not prepared, and so i ready my fists because i only have myself, with no armor to depend on.

i am floating at nowhere, but i could feel myself loosing every bit of oxygen; slowly, painfully drowning in my own ocean.

i'm glad it's only in my head, though we people live mostly inside our minds.

it's in these words i convert to oxygen so i could vomit sea salt and breathe air instead. just like a cycle, so i could drown in my own ocean again.