Chapter 8: IT'S TIME!?

John frowned as he stared at the calendar on the wall in the room.

         Two months.

         Two months passed and John was done. 

         They thought it would be a month, maybe a month and half, but no…it had to be…

          TWO MONTHS!

          He understands that egg carrying time varies for every troll. Some can be suddenly quick and short, or they could take longer.

         He felt like it was past that.

         He huffed.

         John felt restless as he tried to get comfortable in the nest while his brothers were out doing some errands for their grandma. He was still not thrilled with the idea of his brothers going out without him, but with him due to have the egg any day now they just couldn't risk him being out.

         They couldn't risk having him run into Bold. 

       With a sigh, John sat up from the nest and rubbed the small bump, he pressed his finger gently to taut skin to feel the hard shell of the egg. He felt so uncomfortable for the last few days that he couldn't sleep right. 

        He frowned and lightly poked the spot again, “You better listen here, bud. Your dad would appreciate you coming out right about now.”

        He winced at the uncomfortable feeling shifting in him. He took a deep breath to get ready to sit up only to yelp from a shock that hit throughout his body.

        “John!” 

       Rosiepuff came running into the room to see John looking very uncomfortable. She went over to him, “John? Sweetie? Are you okay?”

        John looked up at her as he tried to keep his breathing under control. Before he could answer another yelp escaped and he held his midsection, “Wh…what?”

       Rosiepuff's eyes widened as she caught on what's happening, she ran her hand through John's hair to bring him some comfort, “Seems it's almost time.” She said and turned to the door, “I'm going to get the bath ready, the water will help you.” 

       John watched her leave then groaned as another wave of pain hit him, his body tensed up while he could feel the shift inside him. He wanted to laugh as he rubbed his belly, “I did ask for this, didn't I?”

      It was happening. It was finally happening!?

       He cried out as another wave of pain hit him, he tried to keep his breathing under control as he slowly got himself to stand up. He panted from how such a small action made him feel exhausted, before he felt himself shudder. Then realized his pants felt wet...

        His eyes widened as he stared down at himself. He wanted to feel embarrassed, mortified even, at what happened. He looked to the open door.

       He was shaking harder as he whimpered, “G…grandma…” 

      Rosiepuff quickly came back in and helped John walk towards the bathroom, reassuring him that everything is going to be okay, that what happened is very normal, that he shouldn't feel ashamed, and that he is doing so well.