Just us

“Aki?” 

“Hey, turn around Haru.”

Despite the winter cold, the warmth seeping into his skin is pleasantly unbearable as Haruki spins to see his gorgeous husband in the flesh after so long. It’s less than a nanosecond before Akihiko practically throws himself into Haruki’s arms, even with the potential audience watching. But none of that mattered in the moment, both desperate for contact. It had been almost 3 weeks since Akihiko had left for his most recent solo european tour which was far too long to be parted from his husband of 10 years - As much as playing music was a cathartic experience, especially considering he would be performing for some of the largest crowds of his musical career, absolutely nothing would be as euphoric than being able to hold and kiss Haruki senseless. 

“Hold on! I can’t breathe!” Haruki stutters out, muffled by the fabric of Akihiko’s thick coat, protests kindly ignored as he grips him tighter in his embrace. It lingers for just a few seconds more, making sure to really remember every detail of Haruki’s that he missed oh so dearly. Even after 10 whole years of marriage, the unbridled, unrestricted form of love from Akihiko still elicits the signature fluster of his. And it never gets old.

Akihiko pulls away with a wide grin, quickly fixing the loose golden strands of Haruki’s hair all frazzled from impact. “Honestly Aki…You’re going to be the death of me.” 

However many times he could chastise his dearest for his impulsive decisions, Haruki couldn’t lie that he didn’t enjoy the more forward affection. 

“I’ve really missed you, can you seriously blame me?” Akihiko laughs, wrapping his arm around Haruki’s waist, holding him close to his chest one last time for good measure.

Today was special, they finally had time for themselves after what felt like eternity - With Akihiko and Haruki’s busy schedules, careers and this overseas tour for the past year, it seemed as if alone time was off the table. But, the stars had aligned, prayers had been heard and it just so happened to be that such a day would come into fruition…and on one of the most romantic days of the year. This day was a blatant excuse to spoil Haruki rotten, luckily now being able to do so without the looming threat of an empty pocket - Not as if that was of any issue, Akihiko would be happy to sacrifice a meal or two to be able to see that grateful expression again and again.

Hand in hand with shared headphones, the two stroll along a small isolated route away from the crowds, taking their time before arriving at their home. Warm hues from the afternoon sun paint a romantic cinematic, soft light filters through the bare branches which reflect on Haruki’s gentle face, now glowing brighter than it already did. His hair almost shines a solid gold, and Haruki looks ethereal. But that reminds him-

“Haru, let’s stop here for a second.” Akihiko doesn’t give much time for Haruki to react before coming to a complete halt and sharply turning, causing him to stumble right into Akihiko, not learning from the first time. 

“Geez, again with the sudden movements. I’m too old for reflexes…” Haruki complains, rubbing his slightly red forehead. 

“34 isn't that old.” Akihiko objects as he guides Haruki to a wooden bench a few steps away. 

“Says you.” He retorts back. It’s a two year difference, which isn’t much of a difference to begin with. Akihiko thinks to himself, but lets the thought drift away. There’s something he wanted to do, far too eager to wait until they got back. Akihiko pulls Haruki’s face towards his, Haruki’s pout unwillingly shifting into a faint smile struggling to stay annoyed as he takes a quick sideways glance, eyes catching sight of the completely enamoured gaze in those green irises - 10 years, longer than that, Akihiko was still utterly obsessed to this day. In the past it was too much for Haruki's poor heart, now he can’t help but admire the sheer devotion that never falters for a second.