Learning to walk again

Taylor was asleep with his head on the side of her bed, his hand loosely clutching hers, he jumped awake as he heard her make a slight noise and felt her hand twitch, tears sprung to his eyes as he sat up "Quinnie. Oh baby you're awake" the girl looked to him her own tears starting "I'm sorry daddy. I'm so sorry" he just stood and hugged her tightly "Hey, no tears. It's ok you've done nothing wrong" she shook in his arms "Don't let her take my little boy daddy! she can't have him! I'll give him to Uncle D before I give him to her" he shushed her gently "hey it's ok. She's not getting him. I would never let that happen. What happened that has made you this scared sweetheart?" she looked to him "Alison said...that being on the road with us was bad for JT and that that I should give my son to her. She's been doing it since he was four and I keep telling her that he's fine with you and me. She just won't stop, for some reason she thinks that he shouldn't be on the road with us when we go" He frowned "He's fine on the road with us. You're a really good mama, you and Tay were just fine on the road with your mama and me."

She looked to him shaking her head "Why does Alison hate me? Why does she want to take JT away?" Taylor sighed and hugged her tightly "She doesn't hate you sweetheart but she isn't taking JT anywhere. I'm so sorry that she made you feel like you weren't good enough because you're the best of us all sweetheart" the girl's eyes widened "is JT ok daddy?" He kissed the top of her head keeping his grip on her tight as if making sure she wasn't going anywhere again "He's scared. He found you but he yelled for me. Uncle D is watching him right now" Quinn took a breath trying to control her tears "I messed up. I let her get to me and I put JT in danger. She's going to use this against me" Taylor shook his head "I don't think that she'll do that, but if need be we can work something so that she can't take him" Quinn looked up "like what?" Taylor sighed "Well, If I were to have custody of him, she couldn't take him. You're still his mama and you still take care of him. In our case it would just be a piece of paper, a formality to keep her from trying to take him" Quinn nodded "But I wouldn't have to move away? or be away from him?" Taylor chuckled "I would never make you be without him. You never have to move out of our home" She nodded "Ok daddy. as long as she can't take him away." he smiled and kissed her cheek "Never. I'm gonna call Uncle D and tell him to bring JT. I bet you could use one of his hugs right now huh?"

When she nodded Taylor had finally broken his hug and sat back down, he called Dave and asked him to bring JT to the hospital because Quinn was awake and wanted to see him. He also texted Shane and told him that she was awake and there was no need to let Alison know or for any of them to come that she would likely be released soon and the other kids could come for a family dinner at the house once she was home. When Dave arrived at the hospital JT barreled through the door with his great uncle behind him and crawled onto the bed with his mother hugging her tight "Mama why did you leave me?" She hugged him tightly trying not to cry "I'm so sorry my angel. I didn't mean to scare you but I will never leave you again. Paw Paw is going to help us" the little boy nodded but didn't sit up or ask any questions "Uncle D said you were really sad and it made you sick so paw paw had to bring you here" She smiled and looked to Dave mouthing 'thank you' before kissing the top of the little boy's head "He was right. But i'm going to get better and I'm never ever leaving you again. can you forgive mama for scaring you?" the little boy looked up at her his golden blond hair falling in his eyes "I forgive you mama. Just don't do it again" She giggled and kissed his forehead "Never ever. And I'll be coming home real soon and me and paw paw can take you trick or treating" he looked excited "Will paw paw dress up?" smiling she glanced to Taylor "You'll have to ask him, but Mama will definitely dress up"

He got excited and hugged her again before setting his gaze on his grandfather "Paw Paw will you dress up too?" Taylor chuckled and nodded "Of course I will buddy. I love costumes" that made JT happy, and despite Taylor asking otherwise Alison was informed that Quinn had woken up and she came to the hospital, When she walked into the room Taylor went on the defensive and Quinn looked to Dave "Hey Uncle D, can you take JT for a snack or something. apparently I have to do battle" Dave nodded and helped the little boy off of the bed "Let's go grab some food buddy" he glanced at Alison "the hell were you thinking?" he asked but walked away before she could respond, Taylor shook his head "I asked Shane not to tell you" she frowned "She's my kid too" Taylor shook his head "She's Mouse's kid not yours. Mine and Mouse's little girl" Alison frowned "I raised her!" he frowned shaking his head "yeah and it only took mouse dying for you to take her kids from her"

She gasped shocked at his words "Taylor! how could you say that to me?" he looked to her and chuckled "How could I? How could you cause my daughter so much pain that she tried to take herself out?" she looked down "that wasn't my intention" he shook his head "Leave Alison." the woman looked over to Quinn "This should have been a wake up call for you. You're not fit to take care of that beautiful boy" Taylor watched as Quinn's fingers balled into fists and she looked away trying not to cry, he grabbed Alison's arm and led her to the door "back off" that said he gently pushed her out the door and closed it in her face before going back to hug his daughter "Don't you listen to her Quinnie. You're a good mother, I'll get the paperwork dealt with and then anything she tries won't work" Quinn nodded and leaned against him "My mama loved me right?" He smiled "Your mama was so excited when she found out that you were going to be born and when she found out you were a girl she threw a party. ask Uncle D he was there. Your mama loved you and Tay more than anything in the world and she would love JT just the same and would never make you feel otherwise if she were still with us" she nodded and took a breath "thanks. you're the best dad in the world" He just kissed the top of her head and hugged her tightly.