Little Ones

November 1983

Almost a year after, the Ventura-Manalo newlyweds had started a family with their first child.

Ka. Eduardo had just finished his errands from the ministry at deretsong sumakay sa sasakyan from his office after being notified by his sister, Eileen, that his wife is already awake at nandyan na rin yung baby nila.

"Lance, salamat sa paghatid." sabi ng Ka. Eduardo as they reached the hospital's entrance, his driver nodded with a smile as thanks and drove off.

Habang naglalakad papunta sa naka-assign na kwarto, 'di niya maiiwasang mararamdaman yung kaba.

But all of his fears have casted away when he opened the door his sisters, Eileen and Beth, sitting on both sides of the bed with Lynn cradling a baby in her arms - creating a beautiful image with it's bright glow coming from the curtained windows of the room.

"Congrats kuya!" his sisters approaching their big brother with a hug.

"Salamat! Salamat sa inyo sa pagbabantay kay Lynn," sambit ng Ka. Eduardo while hugging them back.

"No worries naman, kuya!" sabi ni 

"Anak! Nandito na si Daddy, oh!" Lynn cooed, pointing at her husband who's moving slowly towards her.

"Musta ka na?" Ka. Eduardo asked softly while combing her hair with his fingers and planted a kiss on her cheek and forehead.

"Masakit, nakakapagod... pero salamat sa Ama. Nakaraos na din. At..." Lynn paused, a soft smile forming on her lips, "ang ganda ni baby girl natin." tugon neto.

"Pasensya na, sweetheart." malambing na sambit ng Ka. Eduardo, "Hindi kasi kita maabutan nung manganganak ka kagabi." he sighed.

Lynn made a soft giggle, "Dear, 'di na kailangan. Ang importante, nandito ka na. Makakasama mo na din si baby."

Mas lalong nawalan ng angas neto as his gaze shifted at his daughter's face– so small and adorable, "Hi, anak... nandito na si Daddy." Ka. Eduardo cooed, lightly caressing the baby's hair down to her plumpy cheek.

He slid his index finger on the baby's hand na bumuka eto ng kusa.

"Ang liit ng kamay niya, dear!" sabi ni Lynn, "Hi, Daddy! Happy to meet you!" said in her babied voice.

When she said that, the baby formed a smile na nagpangiti rin sa mag-asawa.

"Awwwwww..." Lynn cooed, giving a buzz on her daughter's forehead with the tip of her nose.

"Ganda ng ngiti niya! Manang-mana talaga sa'yo, Lynn." sabi ng Ka. Eduardo.

"At syempre, yung pagiging bungisngis niya— sayo talaga nanggaling, dear." pag-describe naman ni Lynn habang tinitigan yung anak nila.

Di maiiwasang ngumiti na may halong kilig ang magkakapatid na Eileen at Beth na pagmasdan ang kuya and their manugang having a moment with their niece. 

"Uyyyyy! So sweet!" they exclaimed. The couple just laughed at their reaction.

"Ay, wait!" panimula ni Beth, "Ano pala ipapangalan ninyo sa pamangkin natin?" tanong niya na napapaisip ng madaming ideas ang mag-asawa.

"Hmmm... let see."

⋆ ☀︎ ⋆

Hours passed, nagawa na nilang i-fill up yung form para sa birth certificate of their baby girl with the name that was given from both mother and father: Gemma Minna Manalo.