pre-marital handholding

A small girl banged her fist on the door of Denji's apartment bathroom.

"Boy! Open the door! My teeth need purification!" She shouted. The door snapped open and the blond held out a blue toothbrush.

"Two minutes, okay?" He stated flatly. The young girl nodded and shuffled behind him.

Denji Hayakawa was going on his second (third) date with Asa Mitaka. The first girls he loved this way were grown women, and the third? A literal bomb. The nutjob that is Asa was somehow the most normal, and he enjoyed it.

Picking up a button-up, a tshirt, and pants, Denji quickly changed out of his night version of the same outfit and ran to the kitchen.

"Nayuta! I cut you up fruit! Eat it before I come home!" He shouted.

"Whuh kine?!" She responded, but it was hard to understand with her toothbrush in her mouth.

"The kind you're gonna eat!"

Denji picked up his bag and met Nayuta halfway in the hallway. He kissed her on the head and she hugged him tightly in return. "Remember, don't answer the door. I'll have my key so there's no reason I shouldn't be able to get in." He reminded her. Nayuta nodded and backed away.

The boy slipped out of the apartment and walked two blocks down to a park he'd often bring his dogs to. Him and Nayuta would throw a ball, maybe eat a sandwich. It was relaxing, and warm. But without the notion of a confirmed good time, he felt himself sweating.

"Hayakawa!" A voice trailed after him, stumbling steps approaching him from behind. THUD!

"Who told you my last name?" He lifted his scraped knees and brushed off his dirtied pants. His hands stung from the concrete and his bag laid across the sidewalk. Asa profusely picked up his stuff and handed it to him, frowning.

"I'm so sorry, Denji! I wasn't looking." She apologized

Should've fell on top of him. He would've bought it.

Asa whisked away a concious thought and held her hand out to grab. He took it, leaning into her for a moment once he regained his footing. "It's fine, but our food is good, right?" The boy asked. He placed his hand on her bag to remind her.

She shuffled through food and other various necessities until she found two sandwiches, not flattened. The girl gave him a nod and they trotted off down the park.

Something came over Asa, or instead her body, and she realized her hand was creeping around his wrist, then his palms, and finally interlocking with his clammy hands.

Damned War.