Heda's Osleya

Osleya: Meaning Champion
Heda: Commander
Wanheda: Commander Of Death
The Readers name is Cielo from the Spanish word of Sky or Heaven. Feel free to change it to the desired name of your choice, though.

And just like that, my story comes to an end. With a merciless slaughter, my times up. Or is it?

|Time Change: 1 Year ago|

I stand strong at Hedas side as Wanheda is brought to her knees infront of us, her face all bloody and cut, her hair matted and tainted with faint dyes, her clothes torn and her hands bound. It felt good seeing a member of the Skai people like this, weak. Since their arrival we've had nothing but trouble with them, first their arrival destroying our homeland, then they burnt 300 of our people alive that paired with TonDC I don't see why we should be merciful. I was there for them all they showed no mercy with us. I looked into Wanhedas' eyes as she stared at Heda. They were communicating but without words? "Osleya. Leave us." Heda commanded. I looked at her with confusion and tried to protest, but before a single word could leave my mouth, she reinstated it this time with more emphasis on the 'Osleya'. I obey my Commander, and I leave without hesitation.

I left the room, having the doors closed behind me by the guards, and I walked to another room close by, so I was close enough should she need me, but far enough to respect her wishes. I walked in and sat down, 'Osleya.' her words wouldn't leave my mind. She never calls me Osleya, only ever by my name. Why would she call me by a title, like I'm nothing? I've been by her side since we were children, I trained with her and watched as she won the conclave. I've supported her every step of the way just to be called Osleya? Why did she not want the  Commander Of Death to know who I am? There were rumours a couple of months ago about Heda and Klark the Skai People when we were planning to take the mountain, but that's all they were, right? Rumours? God, how I hoped so.

The doors flew open. As I stood quickly, I saw Heda walk in and look at me she looked pissed. She storms over to me, and as much as I want to step back, fear and loyalty keep me firmly in place. She gets within inches of me, "How dare you question my authority in front of someone. Let alone Wanheda." She stated. I just look at her, not knowing what would be the right move here. I give myself a moment to breathe and I look at her, fuck it she's already mad with me I might aswell. I straightened myself out and looked down at her . It always helped me have the height over her. "It was necessary Lexa. I have been by your side since we were young, gave you advice since before even becoming Commander. I have always protected you from the things you are blind to, and yet in front of the Skai girl, you act like you don't know me. Why mustn't you use my name around her? So forgive me, Heda, for questioning your authority, but I am not just an Osleya, and you know that too." I look at her as I finish speaking, fuck. My words got away from me. The way her eyes pierced through mine could've pierced the hearts and minds of a thousand warriors. "Get out of my sight, Cielo."  We share a look both knowing neither the other one meant our words yet I nodded and obeyed my Commander. "Be careful, Heda. I'm trying to protect you from yourself. You know how much a funny thing the heart is." I say softly I look at her once more before I leave out the doors and eventually out the tower.

I found myself sitting by a river. How long have I been out here, for I'm unsure, but I needed some time for me to think and clear my head. Whilst it's true I don't want to see Lexa hurt by heartbreak again especially after seeing how she was after Costia that's not my only reason for trying to warn her, truth be told I just I don't want her to be with Wanheda. I want her. Yet I'm just not her type, not blonde, not smaller than her, not from somewhere completely different to her. We're too alike for her to ever see me as something more than a friend or advisor, and damn it hurts...

----------------------------

End of Chapter 1

I hope you enjoyed it 🙏 If you see any mistakes or gaps. No you don't. I haven't wrote in a long time so you're going to have to forgive me 😭 I'll update as much as I can with new chapters but I have college twice a week and work a full 40 hour week onto of that therefore I just don't got a lot of free time. Just be patient please 😭 Any ideas or suggestions for this story I'll gladly hear.