33 | Foolishly In Love

"What're you nervous about?" I asked Hanna. "Didn't you say you did well in your exams? Why do the results bother you then? You'll get good grades, I'm confident about that."

"I know I did well, but who's not nervous when the results are to be out?" She asked.

Last night we'd stayed over at the Kelseys. Somewhere in the middle of the nights when I and Hanna were...well, kinda busy, she'd received a text on her class group informing the students that their results were to be published today.

Of course, she'd seen it only during our ride back home early in the morning.

"You're nervous? No, you're beyond that. Look at you!"

She was practically in cold sweat. I don't know what's gotten her so worked up, though. She's always been an excellent student. All right, I agree that this time around during the exam preparations our wedding preparations were going on too, but I don't think that it ever got in her way. She'd managed everything very well.

"Do you think my hormones are toying with me?" She asked after observing herself for a minute.

Ah, the pregnancy hormones!

"Maybe, now go get ready if you want to be at the campus before, or at 10."

That's when her results were scheduled to be released both on the college website and on the notice board. She preferred to go check them in person rather than scrolling through the phone.

"Okay."

An hour later, I dropped her in front of the campus and drove towards my workplace. Halfway through, my phone rang...oh wait, it was Han's! Seems like she forgot it here.

I picked it up and saw that her HOD was the one calling her.

What happened?

I didn't think much and answered immediately.

"Hello?"

"Isn't this Hanna's number?" The lady on the other end of the line asked.

"Yes, ma'am. She was nervous that the results were going to be out today and forgot her phone with me." I clarified.

"Oh, is this you, Mr. Yeoman? I apologise for being rude earlier."

Was she being rude, though?

"Um...is Hanna all right, ma'am?" I tentatively asked.

Why else would the HOD call? But wait, if something isn't right with Hanna then they would've dialled my number and not to her own one, no?

"What's happened to her?" The lady chuckled a little. "And why'd she be nervous about the results? We called to congratulate her! She didn't only top her class, but also the entire master's programme. That qualifies for topping among all the courses under the M.Sc. programme too."

Wait, so she's telling me that Hanna topped all the courses under the master's programme which, if I'm not wrong constitutes of some 13 to 15 departments, thus some 300 students!?

And to think that she was nervous. I shook my head.

"Does she not know about this yet?"

"Not yet, the results will be put up on the notice boards in 15 more minutes. For now only we teachers have seen." She clarified.

I so need to be beside her right now!

"Ma'am, can you please keep Hanna from seeing her results? I wanna be with her when she learns this, please?" There, I said it.