Ch 1: In Møtion

Amberlynn Stone sat behind a one way glass panel that looked into an operating room. Robotic limbs and neural devices were laid across the various tables within the room. Doctors and lab assistants paced around the room as their unconscious patient was laid facing down. Their back was covered with a white sheet, besides the section that was being operated on, as well as their head and limbs. The spinal column was exposed as the doctors began placing the neural devices onto the patient's spine.

Amber watched in silence as the hours rolled on. When the operation was finally done the head surgeon looked to the glass window and nodded towards it, holding a thumbs up. It had gone well. A Skell assistant opened the door behind Amber, allowing another woman to enter the room. Amber turned her body as she was still in the chair and saw who had entered.

Yelena, the young Russian woman financing nearly the entire Auroa operation, entered the room and shook Amber's hand as she stood up from her seat.

"Thank you, Yelena. I appreciate you spending as much as you did on this surgery"

The Russian only nodded as the male patient within the lab was being prepped for recovery. Stitches and staples ran down their back and the rear base of their skull, just below where the brain stem and top of the spine were.

Yelena: "No problem. I did not have any issues with your request. Though I am not entirely sure why you chose this particular surgery. It is heavily experimental"

Amber nodded as if she had heard this gripe a thousand times before.

"I understand the risks. But we have the greatest minds in the world within this building, and I do believe they can help my friend"

Yelena watched as the patient was taken to a recovery lab to be monitored.

Yelena: "I see... I do hope that your friend gets better from this procedure. He truly doesn't know how lucky he is to have a friend like you"

Yelena's phone buzzed and a caller appeared on the screen. An important name in fact. The young Russian woman excused herself and took the call.

Yelena: "Deimos..."

Amber grinned as Yelena began to exit the room. The Skell Tech assistant closed the door behind Yelena and stayed outside. Amber then turned back towards the now empty operating room.

A few minutes passed as Amber stood with her thoughts before she left the room. Was what she was doing really the right thing? The thought was quickly pushed away as Amber traveled through the medical facility. She eventually found herself entering the lab where the newly operated on patient lay, awakening from their operation. Amber moved to the right side of their bed and placed a hand on the top of their forearm.

"John?"

The young man's tired eyes slowly opened, looking towards the source of the voice. John opened his mouth to speak. His head a stuck in place by a harness and padding around his neck and head.

John: "Hey..."

Amber gave a gentle smile as she placed her other hand on the same arm as the first, though this time placing it on John's hand.

"They told me your operation was a success. All you need to do right now is rest here and let them take care of you"

John gave a half-drugged groan.

John: "What are you going to do while I'm here?"

Amber held John's hand as she explained her situation.

"I have some things to focus on, but I will come and see you when I'm done"

John gave another drowsy groan. His body began to sink into his bed.