Chapter 3

Louis' P.O.V.

  I layed on the dock for a few minutes to regain my breath. Everything that had just happened had replayed in my head over and over again. The way Joy's eyes were covered in pain. Joy's hand slipping from the bloody wound on the side of her stomach. Diefientz horrid partner. The explosion. 

"Where are you going, Louis?" Samantha asked concernly as I threw my clothes into my duffle bag.

"Away from here." Was all I said.

"What? Why?" She reached for my arm, but I moved it away just in time. It was hard enough leaving her, I couldn't handle her gentle touch.

"I'm sorry. I.. I can't be here anymore." I threw my bag over my shoulder, and began to walk out.

"What's going on?" Samantha squeaked. My heart broke into pieces just hearing her voice. "Louis. Wake up." A sigh escaped Samantha's mouth. "Louis. Wake up!"

I slowly opened my eyes to see Hannah standing in front of me with her arms around her chest. Her thin blonde hair fell in soft ringlets down her shoulders, and a light shade of pink touched her cheeks. The sun fell in the horizon, painting the sky with a gentle pink color.

"Where's Joy?" Hannah asked, putting her small hand in front of me. I took it, and stood up.

"She.." The incident played in my head again. "She didn't make it." I whispered. My fingers brushed through my chestnut hair, and I sighed.

"I see.." She said. "Well, where is she?" My focus turned toward the floating remnants of the boat, and she let out a breath of air. "Oh. Well come on, then. We'd better get out of here before someone tries to attack us." Hannah stepped into the small boat, and just as I was about to step in, she stopped me. "Did you get the diamonds?" A huff left my mouth, and I rolled my eyes before pulling the leather bag from my pocket. I dangled it in the air, and she snatched it out of my hand. "Good work."