Where our paths meet 1.2

I've left the palace and returned to
my post. In 3 days, my job will no longer be to patrol around the caste or feed the horses... but instead, i will have to spend time with the prince.

     Not even an hour passed, and all the           servants and other guards found
      out about the prince being finally
       recognized by the king and that i
   will be the one to ensure his safety.

      It was an honor indeed. Everyone expected Alexander, the best soldier, the son
of the king's guard would protect his majesty's son... i mean, his fighting skills are remarkable, and he is really good at everything... what made the king choose me to protect his son?

       I guess this is a question i will ask all my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The next day, everyone was running back and forth like crazy. I stopped a servant to ask what was going on, and they said that princess Aria is coming back after 5 years. Where was she all this time? She was sent to a boarding school to fix her attitude and for the King to follow her every move through the workers there. Sadly... me and her... we had something before she went to that school. After some time, of course, i post feelings... but i don't know about hers.

     Suddenly, my heart started to beat faster when i heard her name... i am afraid that she might still have feelings for me, and i - i just forgot her. I feel bad for doing this. She is ... or was a sweet person before ...

            The trumpets sound rises announcing the arrival of the princess Ari.

Every Guard and Servant was called to await the princess arrival. With Alexander in front, followed by Azrael and the rest of the guards. The carriage has arrived... from it, princess Ari - long dark hair with beautiful green eyes - walked so gracious, just like a bird, she got out of the carriage. Everyone bowed down as the princess walked towards the king and queen. As she walked, she turned back and looked directly at me... smiling.

When our eyes met, i knew instantly that she did not forget what we had

To my  surprise, the prince did not take part in this... i am waiting for the moment. I will be face to face with him since always when he goes into the garden, he wears a cape, and i wasn't able to see his face since i had to hide myself and don't let him know i was there.

Later on, i was in the kitchen when someone entered.

-"Here you are." A feminine voice said. I turned to look, and it was the princess.
-"..." i stayed silent for a second.
-" If i didn't know you better, i'd say you are avoiding me." She said while slowly walking towards me. She wasn't half wrong. I didn't want to meet her.
-"Oh dear princess Ari, long time no see." I said nonchalantly, trying to avoid her eyes.
She looked at me quietly. It was like she was scanning my face with her eyes.
-"You know... i have missed you. Did you miss me?" She asked. My eyes grew as i heard her words... i did not know how to respond to this. Suddenly she started laughing, i was confused... until she spoke.
-"I am just joking Azrael. It's been 5 years after all, i lost feelings long ago, but you should have seen your face when i said that i miss you!" She laughed even harder, and i laughed with her.
-"Well, at least your humor hasn't changed. Nice to have you back, Ari." I smiled and lent her a hug. She hugged me back, and we talked a while before time for dinner came.

Curious, the prince has not shown up at the dinner either. Wasn't the king supposed to recognize him now? Since he will be the next king? I walked past the palace's hallways wandering myself when suddenly someone bumped into me.
- "Hey! Watch out!" I said, but the person ignored me completely and started to walk past me.

What the? I asked myself. This person was suspicious. Why wearing a cape? I couldn't see their face... can it be... an intruder?!

- "Stop right there, intruder!" I yelled, but they ignored me once again.

I had no other choice but to force them. Right when i was about to jump on that person, Princess Ari appeared and gave them permission to enter her room. I will assume that it was not an intruder after all... but why ignore my command? Strange.