USA/Australian Forbidden Love:

Thomas McFreedom, a quintessential American patriot, swaggered into the local Houston restaurant with the confidence of a man who knew he was about to make an entrance. 

His eyes scanned the room until they locked onto Matilda, the girl he'd matched with on Tinder. With a smirk, he sauntered over, his red, white, and blue shirt making a bold statement.

 With a smirk, he sauntered over, his red, white, and blue shirt making a bold statement

"Hey there, darlin'," Thomas greeted as he took a seat, flashing a charming grin. 

"Sorry I'm fashionably late. Freedom waits for no one, not even for a first date."Matilda chuckled, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "No worries, Thomas. I was just enjoying the ambiance of this place. Have you been here before?"

"Nah, but I'm always up for trying new spots," Thomas replied, scanning the menu with interest. "So, Matilda, tell me, what's your New Year's resolution? Mine is to spread more freedom and maybe eat fewer cheeseburgers... but probably not."Matilda laughed. "Well, Thomas, mine is to travel more and try new things."Thomas nodded approvingly. "Travel, huh? That's cool. America's got plenty to offer. You don't need to go far to find adventure."As they chatted, Thomas couldn't help but notice Matilda's accent becoming more pronounced. His patriotic pride faltered, replaced by a growing sense of unease. Suddenly, he felt repulsed by the realization.

 Suddenly, he felt repulsed by the realization

"Wait a minute... where are you from?" Thomas demanded abruptly, his tone turning cold.Matilda blinked in surprise. "I'm from Australia, Thomas. Why?"Thomas's jaw tightened, his fists clenching involuntarily. "Australia?!" he exclaimed, slamming his hand on the table. "You mean that place where they drink tea and eat fish and chips?!"Matilda recoiled, confusion clouding her features. 

"Uh... Thomas, what's gotten into you?"

But Thomas was beyond reason, his patriotic fervor igniting into a fiery rage. With a violent sweep of his arm, he flipped the table, sending plates and glasses crashing to the floor. "I won't sit here and tolerate this blasphemy against freedom!" he bellowed, his voice echoing through the restaurant.

Without another word, Thomas stormed out, leaving Matilda bewildered and the other diners stunned in his wake. For Thomas McFreedom, patriotism ran deep, but it seemed his love for his country was matched only by his disdain for anything foreign.