Chapter Twenty-five

- weird vibes? -

When we finished eating, I made George take over with Jack as I needed a break from him always looking at me in that weird way. "So, what are your thoughts on the new guy?" Minho asks as I'm rearranging my hut for the third time this week "I don't like him" Newt just says putting it straight out there, as he is sitting on my bed playing with a flower crown, I made the other day.

"Why?" Minho then asks, sitting backwards on my chair "I don't know, just something about him seems off" Newt tells Minho, "Yeah I agree" Theo then speaks up as he leans on my desk that he had just moved over to the window "There's just something about him that I done like" he then adds, and I can't help but to agree with them.

"Well, maybe he's just trying to fit in you know?" I then say, as I fold some more of my clothes, trying not to judge him just yet. "Yeah, but we weren't staring at the other guys the same weird way he does at you" Minho then says, making me feel even more uneasy about the whole thing.

"Well, I'm sure it's nothing, maybe he just needs time to adjust" I say trying to brush it off as something unimportant, but deep down I know that something is not right about Jack. We then just sit around in my hut chatting and making jokes before it's time to go to the bonfire.

"You guys just go ahead to the bonfire, I'm just gonna change into something warmer" I tell the boys as they are about to leave my hut. "Alright, see ya at the bonfire then" Minho just says as he walks out my hut, "You sure you don't want us to wait for you?" Newt then asks "Yes, just go and I'll be there in a second" I smile as I turn around to find a warmer pair of pants, since I'm already wearing a long-sleeved shirt. "Okay, see ya there then" Newt says as he then walks out of my hut too with Theo following behind.

I quickly change into a pair of black cargo pants, and then make my way to the bonfire as well. Once I get there, I see all the other boys are already here, and Jack is sitting next to Minho and Newt. I sit down next to Newt as we all chat and laugh together. But I can still feel Jacks eyes on me, even though I'm not looking at him I can feel his gaze on me. I just try to ignore it and focus on the conversation that we are having.

"So, why do you all keep calling my Greenie?" Jack then asks out of the blue, "Well, when Zart over there" Minho then starts to tell the story of why the newbies are called Greenies, as he points at Zart who is talking with Alby, Winston and Clint "When he first came up the box, he had no idea of who nor where he came from, so he would just sit in the gardens all day, and we would all joke that he was growing like a bean" he adds making us all laugh "So that is why we now call all the new ones Greenie, because it's a shorter word for Greanbean" Newt then explains to Jack, as he throws his arm around my shoulders protectively. For the rest of the night, we just sit around chatting before Alby sends us all to bed.