Genotype

Beacon Hills Animal Clinic

Scott, Liam, Mason, Alice, Kai and Theo are in the reception area of the clinic, where they are listening to a voicemail left on a small flip-phone that Scott, Malia, Leo and Lydia found on the flayed corpse's body at the Primal's lair the previous evening. A female voice is heard from the speaker on the phone.

"Hey, it's me again. I, uh, don't know why you can't seem to call me back. Maybe it's because you think you're punishing me. But, this is too long. It-it's too much. It's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills, to the people here. I just... I just, I need to know everyone there with you is okay. So, can you just please, please call me. Please? One call. That's all I'm asking for. And, if you can't call me back, then I'm going to get my answer anyway. That means I'm coming up there myself if I don't get a call from you. I'm coming up there. So, just try... try to remember... it's my pack, too." The female voice said.

When a beep is heard to indicate the end of the message, Scott walks over to where the phone was set on the desk and flips it closed before looking at Liam, Mason, Alice, Kai and Theo; the former three are sitting on the nearby desk, while Theo and Alice lean against the door frame and the wall while Theo looks out the foggy glass entrance and Alice looking down at her hands. After a moment, Theo turns to face the others. "You pulled this off one of the bodies?" Theo asked. "Malia did." Liam answered. "Yeah, there's six dead bodies. One of them had no face." Scott added. Theo's expression is one of intense concentration as he walks over to join them behind the reception desk.

"Okay, so the one with no face, do you think that's the woman on the phone?" Theo asked. Scott sighed before shrugging with a torn look painted across his face. "Maybe." Scott said unsure. "It's the same thing that happened to Aaron. It took over his body, basically stole his face and his DNA. So, that means whoever this woman is, she could be the other half of the Anuk-ite." Mason spoke up. "Which means she's just half of the problem. The other half being Aaron." Alice spoke, looking up at the group. "We don't know where he is though." Liam said. "Okay, hold on. Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? We know about one half. Let's just go for that one! That's Aaron." Theo said.

Kai sighed in exhaustion as Mason spoke up. "I'm not agreeing with Theo, but... I do think it would be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on the phone..." Mason said. Liam made a face at Mason's words. "That's agreeing with Theo." Liam said causing Mason to groan. "Yeah, but I thought I'd try to soften the blow a little bit." Mason told his best friend. Theo sighs and rolls his eyes in Mason's direction before speaking up in an offended tone of voice. "Is everyone completely shocked that I might be right?" Theo asked offended. Liam gritted his teeth and rolled his eyes. "No, we just don't like it." Liam told him.

Liam makes a face and turns to Scott in hopes that he will agree with him. However, Scott takes a different tactic. "Maybe we're all right. Maybe we should be looking for both Aaron and the woman on the phone." Scott said. He then turned to Liam and Mason. "And since you both agree..." Scott said and Mason immediately hated the suggestion. "Wait, you mean me..." Mason trailed off. Theo, thinking the same thing, finished the sentence. "And him?" Theo asked. Scott nodded in conformation. "Yeah. You two find Aaron. And you can take Alice with you." Scott said. "What?" Alice asked, snapping her head towards the Alpha.

"You can keep them from killing each other. Or in this case, Theo from killing Mason." Scott told her. He then picked up the phone. "Liam, Kai and I will figure out whose voice is on the phone." Scott added. Liam took the phone from Scott. "If we find the other half, maybe we don't have to fight at all. We stop the Anuk-ite-" Liam said but Scott cut him off. "We stop the war." Scott finished.

Later ~ Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital

Malia, Leo and Lydia have just arrived at the hospital morgue, where they have opened the draw that contains Halwyn's body in a black body bag. He looks just as he did when he was shot and killed by Monroe. A large bullet wound is in the center of his head, and his chest is covered in claw gashes from his battle with Liam. "Well, it's still here. Still dead. What else were we supposed to do?" Malia asked. "Figure out how a Hellhound led me into the woods to find another faceless body while being technically dead." Lydia answered.