Random facts/headcanons for my AU (Part 2!)

I have arrived with even more headcanons and stuff for my MSM AU because I am absolutely insane! Most of these headcanons are pretty general stuff about the Monster World, but there's a few more specific things in here too.

Anyway let's just get into this already..........

~~~

1. In this AU of mine, each monster has two different physical forms that they can shift between. The first being their standard human-ish form, and the second form being more monster-like, with more of their monster features. These features can be wings, horns, extra limbs, or any other notable traits that they may have. It all depends on the monster.

2. Epic Monsters are able to breed. I don't really see a reason why they can't, so in this AU, they can! Yippee!

3. Sometimes, although very rarely, hybrids can occur. There are two different kinds of hybrid monsters. The first is a Same-Species Hybrid, which is basically a hybrid of two different forms of the same species (ex. Common Hoola and Rare Hoola.)

4. The second type is a True Hybrid, which is a cross between two completely different monster species. Same-Species Hybrids are more common than True Hybrids, but both are very rare nonetheless.

5. Critters are basically like the animals of the Monster World. Many monsters even keep Critters as pets.

6. Although monsters don't farm Critters like humans do with regular livestock (monsters certainly don't kill them,) there are certain products that can be harmlessly harvested from Critters. Monsters have developed safe methode to farm these products without disrupting the Critters' daily lives too much.

7. Sometimes, rifts will form within The Seam, creating direct portals from the Monster World to the Human World. Although these rifts can occur anywhere, they most commonly form on islands that are closest to The Seam, as well as islands on the Higher Plane. However, it is usually not advised to try and go through these portals, as they may spontaneously close up again before you can return back to the Monster World.

8. Over the years, a large variety of items and other things from the Human World have fallen through rifts into the Monster World. Some of these items have actually been used as inspiration in assisting in the technological advancements within the Monster World, leading to it becoming more and more modern as time's gone on. It's still not on the level of the Human World just yet, but it's getting pretty close.

9. Since Glowbes are entirely mute, they communicate with each other through flashing their light. The color of the light and the duration of the flash can mean a wide variety of things. In fact, monsters are currently trying to document their language in hopes to be able to understand them better.

10. Due to the Whiz-Bang species being related to the Glowbes, they are able to thoroughly understand the Glowb language and have greatly helped with the translation process.

11. When it comes to Legendary species, although Werdos and the Shugafam are not one of a kind, they are still especially rare species. Dipsters, on the other hand, are extremely common.

12. Although Rare and/or Epic monsters are typically born the way they are, there are plenty of instances in which Common monsters can essentially "ascend" into a Rare or an Epic through specific circumstances (like how a Bowgart can turn into an Epic Bowgart by standing in a puddle of ice cream, apparently.)

13. The generator on Seasonal Shanty isn't just used for powering electricity on the island. The special energy signature it radiates helps to safely steer the ship across the Living Ocean so that it doesn't end up crashing into anything or getting lost.

14. Initially, Galvana only created a total of five Wubboxes, one to protect and look after each of the Natural Elements. She had planned to build another for the Fire Element, but The Cataclysm occurred before she was able to finish. Eventually though, those five Wubboxes came across her old blueprints and plans, and they were able to learn how to build more Wubboxes themselves, basically creating the Wubbox species we know and love today. Without their discovery,  they would've been the only Wubboxes to have ever existed.

15. Those five original Wubboxes eventually ascended and became the five Gold Wubboxes that exist today. Supposedly, they all became immortal after ascending. Or at the very least, their lifespans were greatly extended.

16. Due to the Fire monsters having lived within the massive cave system stretching all across the Monster World for so many years suring The Great Pause, all Fire monsters have developed a natural instinct for navigating through caves and safely living in them, even if an individual monster has never been in the caves once before in their lives. It's almost like a sixth sense they've evolved to have.

~~~

Aaaand that's all I got. If there's anything else in particular you'd like for me to try and explain in my AU (whether it be locations, monster species, or any other in-game feature,) then feel free to give me some suggestions and I'll try my best to come up with something neat :)