Chapter 7: Request

It was the middle of lunch period. I had bought a melon bread and was going up to the second floor where my class was located. Halfway there I met Fuuka, who seemed to be heading to the cafeteria to buy her lunch. When he noticed my presence, he smiled at me with a gesture of encouragement and I could read the word "cheer up" on his lips. At that moment, I realized that he was encouraging me to ask Aigis out during lunch. I felt my body temperature rise and, although I couldn't see myself in a mirror at the time, I could tell that my face had turned red.

"I have to do it, it's just a date. It can't be harder than confessing... Right?" Doubt began to invade me. The most complicated part had passed, Potisolo just had to ask him on a date. Come on Kotone, you can do it.

Without realizing it, I had already arrived at the living room, absorbed in my thoughts. Aigis was in her seat next to mine, finishing taking notes in her notebook when she noticed my presence. He quickly turned his head towards me and looked at me expectantly, waiting for my next move, or maybe just waiting for me to sit next to him like always. But I couldn't move. Aigis looked beautiful in her seat, and I could stare at her all day right there. Suddenly, my little moment of fantasy was interrupted by a classmate entering the room. He gave me a slight push that brought me back to reality. Quickly embarrassed that someone would look at me strangely for standing in the doorway, I decided to walk to my seat. As I sat down, Aigis told me:

- Welcome back.

- Yeah, um... Aigis, can I ask you something?

I just had to ask him if he wanted to go out with me after school, but for some reason it was making it more difficult than usual.

- Sure, you can ask me whatever you want.

Aigis said it with a smile on her face. That sight made my face blush again and my mind went blank.

- Something wrong?

I had gone blank, I couldn't find the words to ask him on a date and time was still ticking.

- U-um A-Aigis, you uh... W-do you want to...?

- And?

- W-do you want some of my melon bread?

In the end I couldn't ask him what he wanted, my nerves had gotten the best of me.

- Um, no, I don't need food to survive, however you do. Better eat it yourself, but thanks for offering me some.

- Oh, it's fine.

After that I focused on my melon bread without saying another word. He had already asked her out before, why was it so difficult now? Aigis continued working on her class notes when she saw that she had nothing more to ask her.

When I finished eating I relaxed in my seat. When will I ask him? We don't have much time until January 31st arrives, I want to settle the matter before then.

Then I felt someone take my left hand. It was Aigis. When I turned to see her, I saw her looking at me with a worried look.

- Are you okay, Kotone? You know that if something worries you, you can always count on me.

Right, why had I worried so much? I know Aigis very well. She not only accepted my feelings, but also confessed hers to me. There is nothing to fear.

- Actually yes. There is something I want to ask you.

- Is it because of the melon bread?

- That? No Hahaha. Aigis, would you like to go on a date with me?

This time I didn't hesitate, I said it clearly and directly. Was determined. Today I would formally ask Aigis to be my girlfriend.

- An appointment? Do you mean going out together?

- That's right, Aigis. I want to go out with you. Just you and me. Together.

- Of course, there is nothing that makes me happier than being with you.

- So it's a date.

With that cleared up, I felt like a great weight was lifted from my shoulders. Just in time for the bell to start the afternoon classes, we both turned towards the blackboard to receive the teacher, expectant for the end of today's classes.

The bell for the end of school rang. He was next to Aigis at the door of the institute, holding hands. We headed towards our appointment.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 22 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Kotone & Aigisजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें