1. "who are you?"

it was a usual cloudy and grey morning. y/n was headed to work. she dreaded going to work every morning, as it was just a boring old office job. however, she went because it was good pay and allowed her to treat herself from time to time.

on this particular morning, y/n ran into a bit of a mishap. at the crossroads near her office building she was t-boned by a black vehicle. luckily she was not injured, however, not long after the incident happened, three people dressed mysteriously were standing at her window.

at first she thought they were checking up on her, to make sure she was alright. but she quickly realised that the were here for another reason. she tries to ignore their creepy stare, but it is extremely hard to.

suddenly, there is a knock on her window.

"miss, please roll down your window", spoke a rather attractive young man, dressed fully in black. y/n looks up at him, seeing her reflection in his shiny black glasses.

y/n hesitates for a minute, before slightly rolling down her window and asking,

"what is the matter?"

the woman of the three turns her attention towards y/n. "we need you to follow us.", she says, not giving much of an explanation. y/n thinks for a minute.

"but why should i trust you?", y/n says, clearly unsure of what to think in this situation. she looks up again at the man who had first spoken to her, she couldn't see his eyes, but from the rest of his face she could tell he was deadly serious. (and handsome)

the other male, who seemed to be the most experienced of the three, stayed silent, wanting to see how this played out.

"please, miss, follow us. its urgent", says the handsome male again. this time y/n thinks differently.

y/n thinks fast, but hard about the matter. does she go, and risk being kidnapped? or does she stay safe, and not go, relieving her of the risks of heading off with people you do not know?

"well, i don't really want to go to work today... so i may as-well tag along. but first, i still don't know your names, who are you?", she says calmly, happy to have made her final decision.

"Trinity", the woman states.

"Morpheus", says the man who had been silent up until then.

"My name is Neo Anderson." the handsome man says politely.

y/n thinks to herself once again,

*"gosh, hot and polite, how much better can it get"*

maybe this was a good idea... or was it?

—————

((A/N - Important))
- Hey guys! This is my first ever proper story, so I hope you're enjoying it so far, just like how I'm enjoying writing it. I just wanted to let you know, that this story is **lowercase on purpose** as I am too lazy to use proper grammar, which in turn means that there may be slight grammar mistakes here and there.

I also wanted to mention, that this story wont be canon (i suppose thats the right word) at all, I will probably skip over a lot of the actual matrix fights and storyline etc., because my memory is foggy, and I think it would be too boring. I will make my own storyline and edit it to fit my idea for this story.

If some things in this story are slightly wrong, or just aren't in the actual movies then I apologise, its not intentional.

Please point out any mistakes, serious grammatical errors or plot-holes, so I can try and fix them. Suggestions and requests are also accepted, and I will try my best to read them all.

— Thank you for reading the first chapter,
~ Rebecca :)