2. in the car

*y/n's pov*
"lets get over to the car shall we", neo says, gesturing towards the car that had t-boned mine earlier.

"hmm.. so you guys are the ones who t-boned me earlier", i say questioningly, earning a huff from trinity.

"yes, and its neo's fault.", trinity says, laughing a bit.

neo speaks again, "i'm terribly sorry miss, but its really urgent.." he pauses, "oh, and are you okay? i forgot to ask, you're not hurt are you?" he says.

im a bit shocked by his sudden apology, but i speak, "oh- um dont worry, its okay, and im totally fine, not even a scratch luckily.."

neo sighs in relief, when morpheus tells us all to get in the car.

"Neo, take us to the building.", morpheus says flatly.

"what building?" i say, confused, thinking that maybe this was a stupid idea.

"Girl, you'll see soon, calm down.." trinity says, clearly not in a great mood.

*"what is up with her..."* i think to myself, but decide to brush it off. i can see both neo and morpheus looking at her with a somewhat concerned but also annoyed look. i cant help but think they were arguing earlier.

*narrator*
neo makes sure everyone has their seatbelts on before starting up the car. he drives at a fast pace, but stays below the speed limit. he glances back every now and then to check that trinity and y/n are alright.

morpheus is just sitting in the passenger seat, staring out of the window, thinking deeply. y/n still wonders who these people truly are.

trinity has been giving dirty looks to both neo and y/n, she seems to be jealous of y/n and how neo is treating her respectfully. y/n slightly notices this, but neo and morpheus do not.

"so, where were you headed today?" neo asks, trying to start a conversation.

"i was headed to w-" y/n says, but is cut off by trinity before she can continue.

"work. where else do you think that girl was going??" she says, impatiently.

neo just looks back at trinity, a slight bit taken aback since he didn't know trinity could be so feisty, or better put, rude. however, he just decides to ignore it, as it seems it hasnt affected y/n a whole bunch.

they have been driving for about 30 minutes at this point, morpheus is still content looking out the window, inspecting passer-bys. neo is focused on the road and making sure they get there safely. Trinity is becoming increasingly impatient as she is beginning to tap her finger angrily on the back of neo's seat, clearly irritating everyone in the car. y/n however, is just sitting quietly, inspecting all of her surroundings.

after another 20 minutes they arrive at their destination, neo pulls in and gets out of the car, opening the door for both y/n and trinity, but for whatever reason trinity seems furious, because neo opened y/n's door first.

all four of them go into the building and travel up many flights of stairs, before being met with a big door, neo opens the door and morpheus walks in first, neo and trinity both following after y/n has entered. morpheus guides y/n over to two seats, and sits in the seat opposite y/n.

trinity comes over with a metal box and lies it out infront of morpheus. it seems to contain some pills, y/n is getting increasingly worried.

*y/n's pov*
"im not going to hurt you y/n, please dont panic" morpheus says calmly.

the other two look over intently, watching the situation go down.

"oh.. okay, what are you going to do..." i say, a-lot calmer now, having been relaxed by morpheus' soothing tone.

"i'm going to present you, a dilemma.. per-say, and i want you to decide, you can choose whichever one you want, but, i strongly advise you to go with the one i recommend." he says blankly.

my face drops,

what the f*ck have i got myself into.