Chapter1: Finally Awake!

The noise of rain hitting the window was heard as a sweet, innocent girl lay in bed breathing softly. The room radiated a golden glow, and the air was humid from all the tears shed in this room. Monitors around her were beeping constantly, checking her heart rate and pulse. Other than that, the immense silence and worry within the girl's mother spoke louder than a thousand words as she played with her beautiful dirty blonde hair. "Oh sweetie... When will you wake up? Please open your eyes, "the woman said as tears built up in her eyes. "Ma'am... Please, calm down, I'm sure Nor wouldn't want to see you cry," a girl's voice was heard from beside the sleeping girl's mother. "I know Iris, but I can't help it... not when... not when my little Nora has been in this coma for three years... With no one knowing if she'll wake up, "Nora's mother said as she cried. "She'll wake up... don't worry, we all know Nor is strong and she will survive... She'll wake up... I know she will, " Iris said.

       "I don't know, Iris... It's been three years already, when will she wake up? Is she gonna wake up? Those questions don't have answers, "Nora's mom said. "We just have to wait and see... I believe she'll wake up, "Iris said with confidence. Silence filled the room once more, and only the sound of the pouring rain was heard as the day went on. Neither of them left Nora's side; they waited patiently for her to wake up, hoping to see her eyes open at any moment. "Ma'am, I need to speak with both of you please, "a doctor said, causing the two of them to turn toward the doctor. As they walked out of the room, worry and anticipation filled both of their faces. "What happened, doctor?!? Will she wake up? Is she gonna stay like that? Do I have to unplug her? Am I going to have to let her go?? "Nora's mother said desperately.  "No, no, there's no need to worry. You won't have to give your daughter up, she'll be fine. We estimate that she'll wake up around two or three days from now, if not maybe by the end of the week, " the doctor said as she smiled at Nora's mom.

       "Ah, thank god. Thank you so much, doctor, for your hard work and for not giving up on my daughter," Nora's mom said. "Of course, she's a student here at our school, we'll never give up on our students," the doctor said, smiling in a strange way that neither Iris nor Nora's mom noticed. Walking back inside Nora's room, she smiles on both their faces as they look at Nora warmly."Oh, my sweet baby, you'll be waking up soon, I can't wait to see your beautiful eyes open again," Nora's mom said as tears ran down her cheeks. "I'm glad... Nor, I'll get to see your smile again," Iris whispered as she wore a sad expression. The day seemed to go by quickly now with such great news making their day better.

       As the rain died down, Nora's mom looked at Iris who looked back with a confused expression. "Iris I think you should head back to the dorms sweetie, your parents should be expecting you by this time... besides you've stayed with me and Nora for the whole day," she said smiling at the said child. "But ma'am I don't think it's fitting for me to leave you alone here, I can stay here a bit longer, if you want I'll ask my parents right now. "Iris said as she seemed to be desperate. "No sweetie... I think it's time for you to go home. I don't want your parents to worry about you, you've been gone the whole day after all. Just go home, I'll take care of her... besides I'm not really alone, the doctors and nurses are here if I need help," Nora's mom said as she smiled at Iris softly.

       "Alright, I'll go home. See you tomorrow ma'am" Iris said as she walked out of the room waving goodbye to Nora's mom. At the back of her head, Iris knew that she didn't want to leave. 'Why would I risk not being there for her? I've waited so long for Nor. But it's too late now, and living visitation would end tomorrow night anyway,' Iris thought as she walked down the hall. She exited the Infirmary and walked towards the dorm buildings. As she made her way to her dorm, she checked her phone for any new notifications. A message appears at the top, "Hey, mom's making baklava, better come quick if you want a bite! (Dad" 'There's no way I'm letting Dad eat all of Mom's baklava!' Iris thought as she opened the door. "Made it just in time, mija! Looks like you'll get a taste after all," Iris's dad said as he ran to hug her. "Hey Dad, I've got some good news!" Iris said with a small smile. "Ay, Sebastian! Take the baklava out of the oven while I bring out the food!" Iris's mom says from the kitchen. "Sorry, mija. Mom's calling, you wanna set the table while I take out the baklava? You can tell us the good news at the table," Iris's dad says with a smile. "Sure, Dad," Iris says as she gets utensils and plates/bowls.