Parents.

TW: Abuse

Context: Protag needs comfort from Coworker after encountering floor 4

Note: EXTREMELY OOC (out of character), sorry. Also my writing sucks, sorry for that too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV:

Protag hesitantly opened the door and entered what seemed to be his old bedroom. He looked around, feeling paranoid. He recalls the floorboards creaking. He acknowledges that he shouldn't stay there too long, yet he can't help but examine what used to be his home. A cross above his bed, which unnerves him at the sight of it. A bedside drawer where he never kept his things. It would be far too obvious, anyway, and knowing his parents.. Well, he didn't want to think about them. 

He looked at the window, contemplating if he should try to open it or not. He remembers not being able to open it when he was younger, but perhaps this would be different. After all, it's just a replica, right? He walks up to the window and attempts to open it. It doesn't budge. He hears his mother call him, asking if he's awake. He feels a pang of distress but quickly regains his composure, looking away from the door he didn't even realize that he was staring at.

He decides to look in the bedside drawer. Even though everything seems the same and he doesn't remember hiding anything in there in his childhood, this godforsaken place seems to trick you every chance it gets. If you can even call it an 'it', anyway. It seems alive, like some kind of twisted flesh-elevator thing that warps reality. He made a mistake coming here, didn't he? He takes a deep breath and tries to not dwell on the topic.

He hears his mother call him. Or not mother, he supposes. Then again, he never considered his real mother to be a caretaker of any sort. She just stood there as his father..- 

He hears his 'mother' call him yet again, although this time more aggravated. He hears footsteps approaching rapidly. He quickly turns back to the elevator, wanting to escape this nightmarish hell. The wall closes behind him, the door disappearing. He turns around slowly as he sees the now-open door. His body shudders involuntarily as he stares at the shadowy figures, wide-eyed.

He shakily takes a step back, accidentally walking into a corner as he trips on seemingly nothing. He frantically looks around as he tries to look for a way out. The shadowy figure that seems to represent his father slowly approaches him, and he curls up into a ball and covers his face with his arms, preparing for impact.

When nothing happens, he slowly drops his arms and quickly wishes he hadn't as a punch lands right at his face. Blood rapidly leaks from his nose and he gasps in pain as he covers his nose with his hand. Despite the impact, his nose doesn't seem to be broken. But it still hurts like hell. Before he has time to react further, another punch lands at his stomach. It knocks the air right out of his as he struggles to catch his breath.

Another punch lands. And another. And another. And before he knows it, his body's littered with bruises and he's on the verge of death. But it can't be that easy, now can it? No, because now the figure decides to choke him, making his death slow and painful. Minutes that feel like hours pass and he feels as though he'll pass out. And he does. His vision fades to black as he wishes for this to be over. For it all to be over. But there's no end, is there? Because no matter what he does, he'll just wake up. Over, and over, and over again. The thought is depressing, but it was his choice to enter the building. The elevator. The idea to apply for the job, even.

A few seconds pass as he hears ringing in his ear. He can't tell how many times he's heard it. He opens his eyes quickly as he looks to his side, seeing his coworker there. A wave of relief washes over him, one that he's never felt before when seeing that guy's stupid face. But it doesn't cheer him up all that much. That room dug up memories that he'd rather forget about altogether. But he knows that he has to go back. Because there has to be something there. Anything.