❊14

01 March, 1923
Daegu, South Korea
9:30 am

On the top of a hill at the heart of a green hamlet, there located a huge banyan tree; under which a lonely boy was letting his tears tackle down, while covering his eyes with his hands.

"You failed again?"

A voice spoke from behind. The boy,with a confused yet certain gaze, looked at the leaf-less branch of the tree. His eyes caught another boy, a little older than him, looking at the sky while playing with a tiny leaf in his pale hands.

"You can't live without teasing me,can you?" the younger mumbled in a swollen tone,as he stopped crying.

The pale boy took a glance at him, got down and sat on the grasses beside him.

He handed him a tiny butterfly made of leaves, which he had made awhile ago. The younger stared at the butterfly, then wiped off his tears.

"How did you overcome your hardships?" the younger spoke,side-eyeing the older.

"Well, hardships? I guess everyone has their own way to fight against it? And there is not a single answer to this question. All you need to do is to hang in there."

The older spoke,while his gaze was scanning the cotton-like soft clouds
flying above the green treetops. The younger looked at the tiny butterfly, which was now looking even more tiny in his long fingers.

"I'm not saying that this is true for just everyone. But you know what, one day when these straits pass away, you'll find them as beautiful memories," he spoke again, moving his sight towards the other male,who was now looking at him with his fluffy eyes.

"Was I speaking to your horses till now?" the older spoke,making the younger burst into a huge boxy-smile. The older smiled at the younger's silliness.

"I damn hate those horses you know?! Those keep--"

"Say that you can't control them yet" he spoke teasingly. "And now you're teasing me again!" the younger spoke,rolling his eyebrows.

"You have to keep patience, Kim Taehyung!" the older spoke with a smile.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

The younger had a dream of being a horse-rider from his childhood; and that's the biggest reason which made him join the trainings. But however, it wasn't as easy to him as he expected it to be. In the consequences, he'd keep failing to either control it or to keep balance.

About the hill-top? This place was a comfort-spot for the introvert. He'd often rest in the shadow of the banyan tree.

The older? Well, he's his comfort person, named as "Min August". The name must've sounded weird, but it's the name given by his dad, who's original birth place used to be America; but after the World War, he as well as his family members had shifted to South Korea for some reasons.

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐
The wind surrounding them was filled with giggles of two boys, chasing each other while making fun of them.

The younger was running downwards from the hill, while the older was chasing him from behind.

"Yah, Taehyung! You'll fall and hurt yourself you clum--"

He couldn't finish his words, as what he was speaking turned into reality. The younger accidently got hit on his feet by a broken branch of tree, which made him fall on the ground with a huge thud.

The older at once ran towards the younger, helped him to stand up and worriedly looked at him.

"I told you not to run, Taehyung-ah!" he murmured as he helped Taehyung to remove the soil from his clothes.

The younger suddenly threw a leaf on him and burst into a huge laughter.
The older made a huge gummy smile at his innocence.

"Tell me if you're hurt or not, Tae--"

"I wouldn't be laughing like this if I had been hurt!" the younger spoke sheepishly.

But what he'd said by words wasn't the actual truth. It did hurt a lot, in consequence of which he had to be absent from his training of the following day.