Introduction

Hi everybody, and welcome to Shattered Blossom! This is the first story I've almost entirely planned from start to finish, and another first with it being a serious Warriors story of mine that isn't being edited until it's completed. So, please bear in mind that this is a very rough draft!

The first 9 chapters have been written over the span of 2.5 years, so I've undoubtedly missed a few things and I can promise that it will likely take a while for me to finish writing it. If there are inconsistencies throughout the story or anything you think should be adjusted, kindly point them out, and they will be handled upon its completion.

I've learned a lot from Silverjaw's Sorrow (still a WIP) and Frecklesky's Heart, and I'm hoping that this new story can expand upon what I've discovered throughout the writing of those. The biggest things I've learned from them that I hope to improve upon here are more engaging side characters and a much more coherent plot.

Without further ado, I hope you guys can sit back, relax, and enjoy reading Shattered Blossom!

Art Credits:

N/A

What is Warrior Cats?

Warrior Cats is a bestselling book series created by a group of authors under the alias of Erin Hunter. The series formulates around various groups of sentient cats living off-the-grid and away from human companionship. These cats are dedicated to their beliefs and systems, and experience a plethora of drama, hardship, and even death as they quite literally fight to survive.

If you're confused about anything, you're welcome to ask, and I will happily explain.

The Warrior Code
(cited from the official Warrior Cats website)

1. Defend your Clan, even with your life. You may have friendships with cats from the other Clans, but your loyalty must remain to your Clan, as one day you may meet them in battle.

2. Do not hunt or trespass on another Clan's territory.

3. Elders and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted to feed the elders.

4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Give thanks to StarClan for its life.

5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.

6. Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.

7. A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice.

8. The deputy will become Clan leader when the leader retires or dies.

9. After the death or retirement of the deputy, the new deputy must be chosen before moonhigh.

10. A gathering of all four Clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night. There shall be no fighting among the Clans at this time.

11. Boundaries must be marked and checked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.

12. No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different Clan.

13. The word of the Clan leader is the warrior code.

14. An honorable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defense.

The Medicine Cat Code

1. A medicine cat may not fall in love or take a mate.

2. A medicine cat may not have kits.

3. A medicine cat may only retire when their apprentice is ready to take their place.

4. A medicine cat shares dreams with only StarClan.

5. A medicine cat may only discuss dreams, prophecies, etc. with their leader or other medicine cats at the monthly meeting; dreams of an otherwise prophetic nature should not be disclosed to any outside parties, or any other cats in the Clan.

WARNING

This story has description of illness, violence, and animal death. If you cannot handle this type of content, you're welcome to leave.

For those of you who stay, please enjoy.