The Debutant Ball

Madeleine roamed around in her garden, or her familys. She and her friends set up a picknick in a scenic area of the garden "You Debutant ball is tonight Madeleine, are you excited?" Madeleines friend, Joesphine asked. "Maybe...Hopefully theres some cute and rich guy there" Madeleine said while laughing, causing her friends to laugh too. The peace of the garden, Singing birds, overgrown moss and trees, flowers, the animals. So ideal, so...dream like. 

After there small picnic she waved her friends bye as they went back to there estates, she went over to the place where they kept animals "Oh, look the goats are out!" Madeleine said to herself, walking by. Then, accidentally she bumped into a farmer boy carrying chicken eggs in a basket. "Oh my, Im so sorry madame" The farmer said, offering his hand to help her up "Yes, thank y- DONT-" Madeleine randomly, seemingly out of nowhere yelled!"M-Madame?" The farmer boy asked, almost as sheepishly as the sheep nearby him "Dont touch me, peasant boy!" Madeleine yelled at him and walked off back to her estate "Shes...tempered." He said, going back to his work. 

————Later, at the ball————

Madeleine walks downstairs, everyones eyes on the debutant. She never could imagine this was all hers "Madame" Madeleine looks in-front of her, The British Duke of Devonshire stared into her eyes, she smiled. "Your Grace" She curtsied to the Duke. He kissed her hand and gave her a smirk. She walked down to the ballroom with him. Midway through the dance she excused herself, as she walked out to the garden "The man I asked for today, He finally is here!" Madeleine said while looking at her garden, even if it had only been a few minutes - the Duke was already back, looking at Madeleine, staring. "Madame, do you feel fine to come back" Albert asked "Yes, thank you" Madeleine said with a slight blush on her face, yet this moment was ruined when Madeleine tripped, falling into the river.

"MADELEINE!" The Duke yelled, he prepared to jump into the freezing cold water but he didn't wanna ruin his outfit. "Il...Ill go get you help!" The Duke, or Albert yelled but his voice faded as he ran back inside to find help. Madeleine was there, couldn't swim just drowning. Suddenly, someone jumped into the water and saved Madeleine, dragging her out.. Who was it? The farm boy from earlier. Madeleine stared "Thank you...good day" "Your welcome" The farmer boy stated. "...I am sorry for misjudging you earlier, whats ur na" Madeleine was seemingly cut off by the farmer boy "Get back inside, you need to change and dry off, And as fast as he saved her, he walked off.

————————

Word Count: 451☺️

This book will be just a bunch of these stories, they will be longer I swear : D

Bye!!!!