Chapter 12

Dropping Áedán with his mother after he had seen to his training that morning, Thor headed towards where his friends were gathered making plans as they searched for Loki. You had been missing for almost a year now and while no one dared speak it out loud they had given up all hope you would be found alive.

He, along with Stiorra tried to keep his routine as similar as they could in the hope he would not become too despondent over the fact both his parents were now missing from his life. On the way they had stopped by your chambers so Áedán could grab a book from his bedroom before going back to his mother and Thor did not realise how much Loki was missing you till he stepped inside the room. Considering how meticulous his brother could be it was a shock to see it in such a state.

The boy's beds were still unmade from when they had last slept in there, their toys still scattered in front of the fireplace, your cloak hung over the back of an armchair from where you had obviously left it. He didn't look but he assumed, based on the rest of the room, your bed was also unmade. Stiorra had told him she was asked not to touch anything since that day when he questioned her.

Walking through the hallways Thor did not expect to see Njörðr here let alone in this part of the palace.

"Thor just the person I wanted to see," he called out.

"What do we owe the pleasure Njörðr?" Thor asked as he came to a stop in front of him, giving him a nod.

"It is about the mortal."

"Look she is no-'' Thor stated in an exasperated tone, this is not what he wanted to deal with on top of everything else.

"-It is not that," Njörðr interrupted. "I am aware that Loki and her are wedded. It is to do with what Balder did."

"What do you mean what he did?" Thor looked at him in confusion. He had made sure word of your disappearance had been kept quiet outside of Asgard.

"He was overheard searching my realm for a device that would kill her."

"What do you mean kill her? We thought she was sent somewhere. Are you telling me that she is definitely dead?"

"No, I have come to tell you myself she is safe. I didn't trust any written communication."

"What do you mean she is safe? You just sai-"

"-The portal just sent her to Midgard, Balder was told otherwise so he would not search elsewhere for another method. I know it is not what you want to hear but I knew Midgard would be the safest option since she is from there."

"But why are you telling us this now? Why not sooner?"

"I had no idea he had used it till word of his death reached Vanaheim, I tried originally to get communication to Loki about his plans and what the portal would actually do but every letter was intercepted. I can understand why Loki killed him, he was only provided with the knowledge that she was killed by Balder, I would have probably done the same in his position. I can assure you though she is safe and on Midgard, where abouts I do not know but she was not killed."

"Thank you for telling me," Thor told him, relieved that they might actually find you alive. "I think I may know someone who can help me locate her."

Thor headed towards where the others were currently studying the maps hoping to find Loki, he had so far evaded everyone for months now and no sightings since Vanaheim.

Looking at the map he had an idea where Loki might be, everyone was looking for him but not the appearance Thor also knew. It would explain why no one had seen him. However he was not mentioning that location till he knew he could reach you. He had made his brother a promise and he was keeping it.