Chapter Two

The group found their way back to the one and only Hazbin Hotel, only to feel a strange... depressed energy. At least Angel noticed. He thought something was wrong when he saw Lucifer pacing in front of the stairs.
  Walking up to him, Angel spoke. "Hey, hot stuff, you're still here? I thought you ran." The porn star mentioned, his voice taking on a teasing and flirtatious tone.
  Lucifer looked up and had to stop his heart from stalling. "Charlie's back from Heaven... things... aren't good." He mumbled as he looked down.
   The Spider Demon's expression twisted into something close to worry before quickly shaking his head. "Hey, what did I say? Charlie's strong. She'll bounce back." Angel said in an attempt to reassure the Devil.
   Alastor, who was listening with his back turned to them from a few feet away, hummed to himself in intrigue. He used his shadow power to disappear.
   Lucifer notices Alastor’s disappearance but shrugs it off. “That’s not the point. I know Char-Char is strong, but… I’m just worried she’s digging herself a deeper hole. Like I did. I don’t want her to go through what I did.” The king of hell states with a sigh, his head hanging low.
   Angel doesn’t know what to do. He doesn't know how to comfort someone. So, seeing Lucifer look down in the dump leaves him clueless. All he knows how to do is look sexy and say the words someone else wants to hear (aka Valentino). But when they keep denying Angel’s words, he just doesn’t know how to go on from there.
   The demon cleared his throat, shifting his weight to the other leg. “Look, I, uh… I think you’re just gonna have to trust me…” Angel said in a mumble. However, he looked up when he heard Lucifer scoff.
   “Yeah, trust a drug addict… trust a porn star…such a good idea…” Lucifer mumbled under his breath, not realizing Angel caught his words until he looked up and saw the hurt flash over his face. “Wait-”
   “No, it’s okay.” the porn star scoffed, quickly replacing his hurt with a scowl. “Ya know what? I’m so sorry for trying to help. Good luck with your self-loathing.” Angel grumbled, walking up the stairs to his room, not giving Lucifer a chance to speak again.
The Devil watched Angel walk away before he cursed under his breath. What the hell had he just said? Why did he say it?
   Without thinking, Lucifer raced up the stairs, his hat falling off his head of blond hair. “Angel, wait!” He called out, seeing the back of the familiar spider demon. He was relieved to see him stop. “Look, I didn’t mean it, I’m just- Seeing Charlie hurt is hurting me and-... I didn’t mean to take it out on you.”
   “Do you think I’m proud of who I became? Of what I did? Of course, I’m not! I’m stuck in the same damn place I’ve always been stuck in! Stuck on a fucking leash with a stadistic asshole! Stuck in a shit hole! Stuck in-...” Angel spat out, his back still to Lucifer as he hugged himself.
   The Fallen Angel was quiet as he listened to Angel let out his feelings, his expression sympathetic. “I’m sorry…” was all he got out.
   That’s when Angel turned to face him, tears welling up in his eyes. “I don’t need your damn sorry!” He said, his teeth gritting together as he glared at Lucifer.
    Lucifer’s breath caught in his throat as he saw the sorrowful expression on the other’s face. He took a deep breath before stepping forward, his arms wrapping around the demon’s torso. His head was just meeting Angel’s chest since he was quite short.
   Angel, on the other hand, froze as he felt the Devil’s embrace, his eyes widening. Slowly, the demon took his four limbs and awkwardly wrapped them around Lucfier in return. The Fallen Angel felt oddly comfortable in this hug, his heart fluttering as he felt Angel wrap his arms around him in return.
   After a few moments, Lucifer figured he was making Angel uncomfortable so he pulled away, giving the demon a small smile. “I don’t know what you’ve been through, but you are always welcome to talk to me.” He said in an oddly soft way.
   Maybe Angel was going crazy… Alastor and Lucifer have been strangely nice to him. The Spider Demon gave a small, awkward chuckle, quickly drying his eyes. “Yeah… Yeah, I hear you..” He mumbles as a small smile appears on his lips.
   Suddenly, the whole building began to glow green and glitch slightly, causing both Lucifer and Angel to look around confused. That was until they saw Vaggie run up the stairs and down the hall in a hurry. After exchanging a glance, the Fallen Angel and the Spider Demon followed after Charlie’s girlfriend.
____________________________________

   Vaggie pushed the door open and came to an abrupt stop when he saw Charlie and Alastor standing next to each other. “No…” She whispered, taking a step forward. “Don't tell me…”
   “Oh, calm down! She still owns her soul!” Alastor chuckled as he walked towards the door, stopping when he noticed Lucifer and Angel. “Hello there! Still having trouble growing, I see!” The Radio Demon's grin grew just slightly as his own joke.
   Lucifer rolled his eyes, his arms crossing. “Har har. That was so clever.” He says sarcastically.
   “Why, thank you! I am clever!” Alastor lets out a static laugh before walking past them.
  Then, Charlie spoke up. “We need to get this place ready. Vaggie, go speak to Carmilla. We need weapons.” Was all she said before she followed after Alastor.
   Looking confused, Angel and Lucifer turned back to Vaggie.
   “Is… she okay?” Lucifer asks softly, looking concerned.
   The ex-angel sighed before looking down. “A lot of things happened in Heaven.” She walks up to Angel, placing a hand on his shoulder. “I don't expect you or anyone else to stay here after this. This war is not yours to fight, and I will regret your decision to leave.” Vaggie says, giving Angel one more sad look before walking off.
   Lucifer and Angel were left alone once again, the silence growing heavy.
   “Well…” Angel mumbled as he kicked at the floor. “Guess I'll go tell everyone Vaggie’s news.” The Spider Demon said before he too walked off, leaving Lucifer to pounder his thoughts.
~
~
~

Angel: Thinking he's just being comforted
Lucifer: comforting Angel bc he's falling for him

Ah, love stories. So sweet... it's disgusting. Hope you enjoyed the bit of appledust angst