cold-shoulders

"mom.. mother.." hyunseo trailed off, sipping on her strawberry milkshake as she glanced at her two mothers who immediately stopped what they were doing just to put their attention on her.

"yes, baby? do you need anything?" minju asked, kind of nervous because her daughter literally dragged her and her wife at her favorite restaurant because she wants go tell them about 'something'.

now what could this 'something' be possibly about?

"i have a uhm.. a performance tomorrow at school. and i want you two to come!" the girl exclaimed excitedly, earning a relieved exhale from minju.

minju was thankful that it was not something bad— she needs to stop overthinking too much.

the corner of yujin's lips tugged upwards, revealing a very proud smile. "that's great, baby. of course we'll watch it. what will you be performing tomorrow?"

"i'll sing and dance, and i'll be performing with eunchae unnie, hyeinie, minji unnie, and sullyoon unnie." hyunseo happily told her parents, and the two women couldn't help but smile endearingly.

even if hyunseo already began high school, yujin and minju still spoiled their little girl very much. hyunseo didn't complain though, in fact, she loved being spoiled by her two mothers. 

"of course me and your mother will be there, hyunseo-yah." minju told her daughter.

"but mom, mother is so so so so so busy because of work, right? can she come tomorrow?" the girl pouted, looking at her mother who was wearing this awkward smile. minju followed her daughter's gaze and it landed on her wife.

there was an awkward silence and hyunseo was busy observing her two mothers.

of course, not wanting to make their daughter wait, slowly, minju lifted up her foot from the ground then tried to spot yujin's foot under the table by using the tip of her heels.

as soon as she found it, she stepped on it lightly, making yujin wince silently on her seat. minju shot her a glare and yujin helplessly looked at their daughter.

"o-of course i'm going to clear up my schedules for you, sweetie. me and your mom will watch you, promise."

yujin felt relieved as soon as the pressure on her foot was gone, quietly muttering a small 'ow' before turning back to her awkward smile.

hyunseo had her left eyebrow raised, finding their expressions weird but she shrugged it off and exclaimed a small and happy "yay!" before doing a little dance on her seat.

while yujin, oh she's drowning very deep in her thoughts.

she looked at her wife who was looking at their daughter with a smile, then suddenly glancing towards her direction which made her look away immediately, gulping.

she mentally sighed, sipping on her drink before lightly massaging her temples.

she and minju had this very small fight—well, she wouldn't call it a fight, it's something very complicated and yujin doesn't know what to do.

they are having this very bitter and silent treatment at the moment. yujin didn't know what caused their relationship to be like this but trust her, she tried everything, but it seemed like the brunette didn't want anything to do with her at all.

all of this is making her insane, plus the overthinking. yujin missed her wife so much but she can't do anything because her wife is acting like she doesn't exist at all! they only talk when minju needs to say something or when they're in front of their daughter.

but yujin was still glad that hyunseo isn't noticing anything strange or unusual about her and minju's relationship recently.

does she?