chapter two

Before I went home, I decided to stop at Blockbuster first to get some movies for Allison and I watch tonight.

As soon as I entered the place, I went straight into the horror section. Every year, Allison and I would do the same thing. We always met at my house to watch movies, eat junk and sometimes prank call some people in our school.

When we were 14, we called our math teacher at the time, Mrs Griffin. She was really mean and would always point out how 'dumb' I was in front of the whole class. Even though Allie was one of her favorite students, she hated how that woman treated me and had the idea of calling her in the middle of the night and pretend to be her husband's mistress.

We knew that there was no mistress, that we know of, but her reaction was priceless. She started to yell at us, until we yelled in a high-pitched voice 'Happy Halloween!' and she realized it was a prank. Thank god she never found out who called her that night.

Right now, I was holding two video tapes of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween, not knowing which one I wanted to take. Allie and I had an agreement of only one scary movie each year, because she hated those kind of movies.

I finally decided on Halloween and after grabbing three other tapes, I went to the register to pay for them. When I gave the money and signed my name on the list of rented movies.

As soon as I left the place, holding the small plastic bag with the tapes on the inside in one hand while putting on my headphones to listen to music on my walkman.

"You'll never wait so long, here comes your man, here comes your man, here comes your man." I sang while walking on the street on my way home, when I felt something hitting my body.

I fell on the ground, dropping my backbag from school and the bag with the videotapes. I took a while to process the situation when I heard a boy talking to me in a panicked voice.

"Damn it, are you okay? I'm so sorry." The new kid, Max, aka the guy that I was kind of crushing on, was sitting beside me, with a concerned look on his face. I noticed a bike laying on the floor and that's where it hit me.

He almost ran me over with his bike. I wanted to be mad at him, but he seemed to be feeling so bad that I didn't had the courage. He held his hands, grabbing both my arms, helping me stand up.

"It's okay, I'm fine." He smiled at me, relieved. God he was so cute.

That's when I noticed that he wasn't wearing any shoes and I immediatly started laughing. "Where are your shoes?"

His smiled faded away. "Some punks stole my shoes. I was so pissed off by that that I didn't notice you walking in the street. By the way, board walks exist so things like this don't happen."

"Blaming the victim, huh?" I teased him.

I got on my knees to pick up my stuff that was laying on the floor. Max did the same, picking up the video tapes and putting them in the bag. In a different scenario, I would've told him to not help me, but he hit me with his bike. It was the least he could do.

I wasn't mad at him. In fact, I was loving it. I know it might sound sad and pathetic, but this was the first time that a boy acted like a gentleman to me.

"Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Max."

"I know, the Halloween hater." I joked. "I'm Lizzie."

"I know, you're in my English class."

So he knows who I am. Shut up, Elizabeth, that means nothing. Wait, why did I call myself Elizabeth? That's not even my name.

I handed me the plastic bag with all the video tapes on the inside.

"Thanks. I have to go home but see ya."

He didn't seem to get the memo, because he was walking behind me, dragging his bike.

"Hey, Lizzie. Don't you want me to walk you home?"

Wait, did he really asked me that? What does he want?

"Sure." I agreed.

"Have you lived here your whole life?" Max asked while we were walking.

"Yeah, I was born in New York, but lived most of my life in here." I told him. "You moved here this month, didn't you?"

"Two weeks ago." He replied, not looking so happy with it.

"Do you hate it here?"

"I mean, how would you feel if your parents forced you leave your home and your friends to a new place where you don't know anybody?"

I looked at him, feeling bad for him. "I wouldn't like that. But you should give this place a chance. I bet your gonna make some good friends."

He smiled at me. Seriously he needs to stop doing that, or I'm gonna faint. "Well, I'm making one right now."

"You almost ran me over with a bike. Why would I be your friend?" I chuckled, not realizing that we were both standing in front of my house.

"I'll make it up for you. What are you doing tonight?"

"I'm sorry, I have plans with a friend. But I'll see you in class tomorrow?"

"Yeah." He seemed disapointed, but still managed to give me one of his cute smiles. "See ya!"

He hop on the bike and drived it away.

"Careful to not kill anyone!" I yelled at him. I didn't saw his face, but I heard his laugh when I said that.

I walked to my house, opening the door with my key. As soon as I got in, I sighed, feeling happy and depressed at the same time. I liked our conversation and the way he was nice to me but I knew I was lying to myself. He liked my best friend, not me. He gave her his number. But at the same time, he kind of tried to ask me out. As a friend but still.

God, I loved and hated having a crush. It was the worst and the best feeling.

Sorry I took so much time to update, I have a lot of school work to catch up, but I promise that I didn't give up on this story

I hope you guys liked this chapter and please vote if you liked it (even if you didn't)