Chapter 1: Family ties

It was another rough night for Sage, with bags under her eyes and massive yawns every minute. She had no idea how she would get through an entire day of school. But thankfully this is when her best friends would get her through it.

Firstly there was Toni Topaz, sassy and confident. That sort of attractive sparkle in her eye. A trusting heart and extremely loyal. Despite her outer hard shell she was very loving.

Then there was Sweet pea. Tall, sometimes intimidating. Incredibly beautiful (especially in Sage's eyes) and also too confident for his own good. Always up for a fight no matter the cost.

Fangs Fogarty, the quieter member of the group. But he's not someone you would underestimate. Fangs was amazing at fighting and talking his way out of things. But he was also good at art, making people laugh and being there for people.

Lastly there was Jughead, who wasn't just Sage's best friend but her half brother too. Strangely enough they haven't always gotten along but over the past few years, they've become inseparable.

With the little money that she had, she was able to buy some coffee at a small cafe near the high school. It only had a handful of tables inside. It was owned by one of the older members of the serpents. So she went there often to get her morning coffee.

Taking the first sip of the hot beverage, she walked confidently inside Southside high, preparing herself for what drama will happen today. Once she stepped through the door, some of the ghoulies were already starting to fight over in one corner. Rolling her eyes she stepped through the security check.

Smiling she made it through, thankful they didn't find her small flip knife in her shoe. She spotted Toni standing next to her locker, down the hall.
But before she could reach her a rather tall looking Ghoulie got into her personal space.

"Hey Jones, I've heard around that your looking to switch gangs" said Malachi.

Sage looked at his painted face, his eyes were filled with a type of craziness she'd only ever read in books. To most he caused trouble but he always seemed to get in her face for some unknown reason.

"Where did you hear that?" Replied Sage, crossing her arms. She really wasn't in the mood for his games today. Toni was always witnessing all this from afar.

"I also heard your looking for a boyfriend" said Malachi, getting closer to her.

Sage hesitated a moment.

"Get out of my face Ghoulie!!' Shouted Sage, pushing him away her. Which his response was to raise his hands in surrender and regroup with his other gang members.

Toni brought her in for a hug which surprised Sage at first but settled quickly.

"What the hell did he want with you?" Asked Toni, her expression full of worry.

"As usual.. he's just trying to get under my skin" said Sage, trying to push his face out of her head.

Toni nodded.

"Is it true Jughead's being moved here in a few days ?" Asked Toni, changing the subject.

"Yep, I spoke with him last night and he said he's being transferred in three days" said Sage.

"I've never met him before" admitted Toni, her eyes showing curiosity.

"He's great, you'll love him. He's a bit of a loner but I hope he'll warm up to the serpents soon" said Sage, adding her English book into her bag.

"How's your dad?" Asked Toni, sympathy now worn on her face. Her tone more softer this time.

"Umm to be honest Toni, I've kinda been avoiding him" replied Sage, slightly sheepish.