TWELVE / Bones & All.

CHAPTER TWELVE (  Bones & All )

CHAPTER TWELVE
(  Bones & All )

CHA JAEHWA PAINTS Yeon Si-eun's face when she finds the need to. Her desk is too small for only pictures of a boy who holds what pieces she has left of her heart, so she builds herself a new one to gift away yet again.

Jaehwa never really learns.

Yeon Si-eun is not a perfect creation. Jaehwa likes the imperfections that make him so endearingly beautiful, like his overly torn and severely chapped lips, the questioning tilt to his right eye, the uneven glint in his dark irises.

It is so easy for Jaehwa's brush to mold Yeon Si-eun's image onto her canvas.

( It is infinitely difficult to keep him preserved, as she unreasonably wishes to ).

There is something so warm about the way his frown twists into a small smile, eyebrows lifting as he gazes at Jaehwa with those godforsaken eyes — Jaehwa hates that Si-eun is as warm as he is, making him seem all the more distant.

Like a star, she watches him from a distance, yearning for something she cannot put into words.

With the coming of Yeon Si-eun, Ahn Suho begins to fade. Cha Jaehwa hates that as long as she has known him, his presence amounts to nothing but harsh words and lies.

( She misses him. Or at the very least, the memory of him ).

The dawning realization that she doesn't want to lose the very person she once loved settles against her stomach awkwardly, painfully.

Both in the new and the old, and Cha Jaehwa is still stuck in between her head and her heart.

‎ ‎

‎JAEHWA MAKES THE foolish mistake of seeing Ahn Suho before consulting anyone else.

The bitter wind whips her hair against her face, and Jaehwa turns to glance at the empty road before her. She is both glad and upset that her parents are still gone, unable to stop her from doing the idiocies she is currently partaking in.

The glare of gym lights flashes through the slightly tinted windows of the building, and Jaehwa breathes in. Her fingers tremble against the cold handles, and she briefly wishes she had never left her bed.

The teen pushes open the door, and the first thing that hits her is the chilly air conditioning that — Despite being the middle of winter — Is still blasting at full power.

The conversation around the gym takes a small pause, and the people closest to the door raise their eyes to Jaehwa.

She swallows and brings her hood tighter around her beanie. The chill creeps closer to the base of her head than it normally does.