Chapter Thirty Two - Year Three

After Hagrid's class, we all headed back up to the castle for lunch. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I found spots towards the middle of the table. Once we had all finished eating, Draco walked in, his arm wrapped up and in a sling. I rolled my eyes at the sight. How pathetic.

"Does it hurt terribly, Draco?" I heard Pansy Parkinson ask. All four of us turned our attention towards the Slytherin table.

"It comes and it goes. Still, I consider myself lucky. Madam Pomfrey said another minute or two and I could've lost my arm." Draco said. "I can't possibly do any homework for weeks."

"Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron observed.

"Yeah, but at least Hagrid didn't get fired." Harry pointed out.

"Yeah, but I'm sure my Uncle's furious. We haven't heard the end of this." I told them.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus shouted, running to our table with a newspaper in hand.

"Who?" Ron asked.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus shouted. My stomach dropped as we all gathered around Seamus' area of the table at an attempt to read the paper. From afar, I could see the same prison picture they had used in all of the papers. It never failed to send a shiver down my spine.

"Dufftown? That's not far from here." Hermione said.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Neville asked.

"With Dementors at every entrance?" A second year, whose name I was unaware of, questioned.

"Dementors. He's already slipped past them once, hasn't he? Who's to say he won't do it again?" Seamus said.

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. It's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands." Bem added. I took a deep breath and let it out. I then looked up at Harry who was already looking at me. The worried look on his face let me know that I was not alone in my feelings.

After lunch, Hermione and I had Muggle Studies. We purposefully lost the boys in the crowd as they headed to Defense Against the Dark Arts. As we walked into our class, Professor Burbage nodded to us. Hermione and I sat down in the front row and waited for the rest of the class to file in.

-----

"That class will probably be the easiest one we take." Hermione said as we walked out of Muggle Studies.

"I know. I'm just glad that Victoria raised me without just using magic for everything. It will make it a lot easier." I said.

"We should get going to DADA, though." Hermione said. Hermione and I quickly hurried our way to to the Defense Against the Dark Arts room. As soon as we made it there, we stopped outside the door and looked at one another.

"I think its best if we do it out here. Professor Lupin will probably ask if we go in." I told her. Hermione nodded in agreement and we both pulled out our Time Turners. We each spun the dials one and a half times and then stopped. The hourglass on our necklaces began to spin and everything around us began moving backwards. Once it all stopped, Hermione and I walked into the room. It was packed full of kids, Gryffindors and Slytherins. We quickly and quietly made our way to the front where both Harry and Ron were standing. At the front of the room was a wardrobe with something shaking it.

"Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" Professor Lupin asked.

"That's a boggart, that is." Dean answered.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas." Lupin praised. The boggart shook the wardrobe harder than before, startling everyone. "Now can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"