One

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

ELLA'S POV:

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

I plug out the blowdryer and brush through my nicely made blowout. I spray some hairspray on it, and take a last look in the mirror. 

I pull on my dress, trying to get it a bit lower on my body. I don't wear clothes this fitting. I usually go with jeans and a baggy grandpa sweater, but it is my birthday, I might as well step out my comfort zone. 

I picked this dress out a few days ago. I was panicing, I wanted to find the perfect one, but we didn't have enough time. So as my last hope I went online. I looked at websites selling beautiful dresses, I browsed instagram accounts, until I came across this one. It's a white sleeveless dress with ruffles. It reminds me of a beach dress, I love it. We ordered it and for my luck it came this morning! 

"Ella! Your friends arrived!" Mom shouts. I quickly fix my hair, flash a smile at myself in the mirror, than run downstairs. I know that it'll be my old 'friends', more specificly Nillie, Sheila, Dean, Mason, Kiara and Zach. They'd be the one to come first, ten minutes early even, so I couldn't pull any tricks. 

Little do they know my trick is on his way. 

As I'm walking down the stairs, I remember they haven't seen me since 6th grade. Three years ago. I'm exited to see the look on their faces, as they see me, and realize that without them, I changed for good. 

"Hey!" I smile, as I open the door to let them in. All of their eyes widen, Zach's jaw slightly drops. 

"Bella! Wow you've... changed." Nillie pulls me into a hug. Yes, the nickname I avoided so carefully. 

"You too!" I say, even though they look the same, maybe a few features changed, but they still remind me of the six little kids who used to bully me. "Come on in." I say, and stand away from the doorway. They all enter, and I show them around the house, since other than Nillie and Sheila, non of them have actually been here before. 

As I finish with the tour, we are just about to sit down on the sofa, when the doorbell rings. I pray it's Dylan, so they can see him before the whole chaos group (my actual friends) appear. 

For my luck, it is actually him at the door. I open it, letting him inside. Dylan has been here multiple times for my birthdays, hangouts and sleepovers, he knows the way around. He quickly says hello to my mom, and shakes hands with my dad, than we walk into the livingroom. Before exiting the hallway, he holds onto my hand, then we actually enter. 

"Hey everyone." He says, coldly but still a bit of forced kindness in his voice

"Hello." They all say. I see Nillie's eyes light up. Just the effect I wanted. I know Dylan is her dream man, I remember talking about him to her when I first met him. When we were still best friends with Nillie. 

I grasp Dylan's hand harder, squeeze on it once, leading him to the huge armchair. I tell him to take a seat, and I bring us some lemonade. I think nine is a bit early to start drinking. I walk into the kitchen, mom is standing there, grabbing a glass of water. 

"Sweets, dad and I are gonna get going, alright? You remember everything, all the rules right?" She asks. I pour the lemon zest in the jug filled with water mixed with sugar. Easiest recipe. 

"Mhm, I'll be fine." I nod, grab cups, pour the liquid in them and place them on a tray. 

"Alright sweetie, call me if you need anything, or if there's some trouble." She gives me a kiss on the cheek.