chapter five

"huh?" cairo asks, confused. but before anything else can be said, you walk off. cairos eyes follow you as you approach a guy. he was from your school, and quite hot. you walk up to him, whispering into his ear. cairo can't hear what you say from where she's standing.

suddenly, the guys hands land on your waist and yours cup his face before connecting your lips in a kiss. cairos heart drops as she watches the scene unfold. she watches as you make out with a guy you'd just met, his hands roaming your body.

she feels a mix of emotions. angry, confused, jealous.. and something else. the way you moves you confidently, how you seductively whispered in his ear something that made him want you immediately. the way your lips are moving so smoothly and your dress rides up, revealing more skin. cairo can feel her breath getting shallower and a pit burning in her stomach.

you can feel eyes burning into you as you make our with this guy. you're plan worked. you didn't necessarily know what your goal was, but the alcohol made the decision for you. you're in the middle of the kiss when you feel someone pull at your arm. you break your lips away, turning and seeing cairo.

"you're coming with me." she says sternly, her glare piercing and intense. before you can say anything, she starts walking, her hand still gripping your arm. you follow as she leads you through the party, eventually taking you to a bathroom.

she locks the door behind her and leans against it. "why did you do that?" she groans. "why did you have to do that and make me feel... like that."

your eyes don't leave hers and you smirk. "i have you idea what you're talking about." you say innocently, shrugging. this only makes cairos gaze more intense. she steps towards you.

"you know exactly what i'm talking about." she whispers. "you wanted to make me jealous. you knew exactly what you were doing."

your breath hitches in your throat when cairo moves closer to you. she was now mere inches away from your face. "it worked, clearly." you tease.

cairo scoffs. "enough teasing, eva." she says, her tone soft and seductive. it makes your heart beat faster, your breathing shallowing. "you know you want me, and i want it too." she whispers, leaning closer so that her lips are hovering over yours.

you should pull away. you know you should. but... you can't. your eyes stay on cairos as you speak. "i hate you." she smirks, her hands moving to cup your cheeks. "no you don't." she whispers before closing the gap.