Act 1: Enforcers

Powder poked her head inside Alastor's room. It was set up a similar way to her and Vi's room. The only difference was that he didn't have a bunkbed. Alastor was laying on his bed, his back to the door. "Al? Can I come in?"

"Yeah," he replied, not moving. Powder slipped in and closed the door behind her. She walked over and sat down on the bed. "Are you okay?" she asked. "No," he admitted. "What's wrong?"

Alastor sat up and turned her, and she instantly knew it was bad. His eyes were red and puffy, and he wasn't smiling. "Mylo went too far."

"What did he do this time?"

"He asked me why I always smiled, and I told him what my mom said. He said that she was bullshitting me."

Powder nodded in understanding. "Powder? Can I tell you something?"

"Sure?"

"Sometimes... sometimes, I have really dark thoughts."

"What kind of dark thoughts?"

"The kind that involves hurting others." Alastor then sighed. "Maybe Mylo is right. Maybe I am a freak."

"You're not a freak. Everyone has those every once in a while."

"Except I have them every day, Powder."

"So? As long you don't act on them, they can't hurt anyone. Besides, if you're a freak, then that would make me a freak, too, and us freaks need to stick together."

Alastor chuckled and replied, "That's a nice thought, but you're not a freak, Powder."

"Then that means you're not a freak either."

Alastor smiled brightly at that, and Powder smiled back. Then they heard a knock on the door. "Alastor? Powder? Are you two in there?"

"Yes, Vi," Alastor called. "Can I come in?" They exchanged glances, and Alastor nodded with a smile. "Yeah, you can," Powder called. Vi then slipped inside, closing the door behind her.

"Powder, can I talk to you alone?" Powder frowned and replied, "Whatever you have to say to me, you can say to Alastor." Vi sighed and nodded as she sat next to them.

"Alastor, Powder, I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you. I just wanted to protect Powder, but I didn't realize I was causing more harm than good. I can see now how close you two are. I hope you can forgive me."

Powder's face softened as she said, "It's okay, Vi."

"Yeah, we understand," Alastor added. Vi smiled. "In that case, let's go." Vi stood up, and Powder asked, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see. Come on, you two." Both kids climbed off the bed and followed her out of the room. She took them to a rooftop, and the view was something. They could see Piltover in the distance, and the Undercity was lit up with green light.

Vi sat down on the ledge and motioned for the kids to join her. "Why are we here?" Powder asked as she sat next to Vi. Alastor next to her as she pointed at a stream.

"You see that stream over there? Claggor was being chased by Enforcers when he tripped and fell in. He got stuck, and the Enforcers thought it was funny, so they left him there. It took us all night to find him and get him home. See that billboard over there?"

She pointed over at the billboard with what looked like a blotchy middle finger.

"Mylo tripped over his paint bucket while trying to paint a giant middle finger. His ass made that splotch." Both Powder and Alastor laughed at that. "Do you two see that stuffed bunny over there?" Vi asked, gesturing to a stuffed bunny tangled up in a high power line.