22. Friend

"Green is still your color."

"Yet is it you thats hightower now." Tommen mused.

~

"What are you wearing Tommen?"

"Davina said yellow wasnt my color." Tommen told his father.

"Davina." Baelon declared.

"Green." Davina said waving a hand towards tommen. "Green is his color."

"What about Targaryen red?" Tommen asked and Viserys expected Daemon to start screaming as Tommen was flirting with Davina but Davina scrunched her face up.

"I dont think so." davina remarked.

"You alright Daemon?" Viserys whispered.

"Perfect." Daemon assured and Viserys looked to Daemon holding tight to Davina's hand under the table.

"House Martell-"

"What's green then?" Davina asked.

"Who." Alyssa countered. "Otherwise you are asking an endless question." Davina stared back at her a moment processing.

"WHO-" Davina declared. "is green then?" davina looked to Alyssa. "bettah?"

"Much." Alyssa agreed chuckling.

"Hightower." Baelon chuckled.

"Those fools." Prince Martell agreed.

"Can you marry a tower?" daemon asked confused.

"Whatever happened to Agatha?" Daemon asked and Baelon stared back at him confused. "Hart? Hawthorne? Hawk? Hhhhhh- something like that." Daemon said with a shrug. "She made the best pies." Daemon offered as he poked at his food.

''I thought someone said she died.'' Davina remarked over supper as she pushed her veggies around her plate untouched. For the amount of carrot cake she ate she really didnt understand why she needed more vegetables.

''No she moved to the riverlands. Married a tully.'' Alyssa corrected

''Same difference really.'' Daemon agreed.

''I said shes dead to us.'' Baelon mused and alyssa slapped at his arm. "Sorry." Baelon declared.

"Manors at the table." Alyssa begged. "Oh, I have you both signed up for etiquette lessons." Alyssa declared and Viserys choked on his drink as he stared back at them.

"No." Davina said immediately.

"Yes, it will be fun, your cousins will be there and you learn all the best ways to be a proper lady and Daemon a proper gentleman."

"Pass." Daemon told her bluntly.

"I'm already perfect." Davina countered. "I don't want to. Pass for me as well."

"Davina, Daemon, you will like it." Alyssa assured.

"Or, we hate it and learn which fork best to jab into our dancing partners eyes." Davina countered innocently.

"I love that!" Viserys declared. "You see that smile on her little face when she said jab a fork into someone's eye." Viserys laughed out.

"Viserys." Alyssa scolded.

"She's still smiling!" Viserys declared. Davina chuckled staring down the table at Viserys. "You want her to learn to curtsey and dance and-"

"I can curtsey and dance just fine." Davina countered. "I will prove it." Davina got up and stood on the table.

"This is why you need etiquette." Alyssa murmured as Davina demonstrated a perfect curtsey on the table before jumping back down.

"See?" Davina asked settling into her seat.

"Etiquette." Alyssa repeated. "So fun!"

"Mama!"

~

"Oh God! Tommen!" Davina blushed forgetting about that entirely.

"Daemon was always an idiot." Tommen agreed.

"Our fathers thought them fools." Davina recalled.

"They did and yet you married one." Tommen tsked. "How is that going?"

"Fine."

"Yet here you are. All the way in dorne missing me." Tommen cooed.

"Yeah. I am missing you." She agreed. "But things with otto are fine."

"He conned you into a child and marriage two things you didnt want and yet he is alive." Tommen countered. "Dav. I think you might love him."

"I do." She admitted nonchalantly. Tommen gaped back at her.

"I never thought i would see the day."

"Come up to the capital and meet him."

"How did it happen?" Tommen countered. "You were so anti Otto for years."

"Thats only because he is really annoying and a total rule follower." Davina agreed. "Well i thought he was. He isnt."

"Well..." Tommen urged.

"We bonded around the time of aegons second name day. Drunk too much. We fucked. Then fucked again. He was dismissed as hand of the king and... then i found out. Then he conned me into marriage and i torment him every day. And davina lived happily ever after!"

"That was beautiful." Tommen clapped out.

"Thank you thank you." Davina gave a half bow. "Come to the capital tommen. I miss you and otto is probably pacing a hole in the floor." Davina added.

"He probably is." Tommen agreed. "Davina is here where is the carrot cake!"

"You hate carrot cake-"

Davina gasped.

"You told them to say that." Davina hissed. Tommen chuckled kissing her temple.

"Lets have some wine and catch up while the cooks get their act together." Tommen encouraged.

"Otto? I was just looking for Davina." Viserys remarked. "Well aegon was and i offered to bring him." Aegon ran around their home calling out 'Dav! Dav!'

"As you can see he misses his aunt." Viserys chuckled.

"She flew off a while ago."

"Oh." Viserys answered his face turning down. Otto tensed lips pursed.

"Oh?" Otto urged.

"Im sure its fine." Viserys assured.

"Please. I have given you my candid advice over the years I request the same." Otto begged as aegon collided with his leg. Otto picked him up and aegon brought his little face to ottos ear.

"Where is Dav?" Aegon begged.

"Shes visiting her friend." Otto informed him.

"Friend?" Aegon questioned shaking his head. "Im her friend."

"What friend?" Viserys agreed.

"She flew south."

"South?" Viserys declared.

"My guess is tommen..."

"Who?"

"Tommen martell." Otto murmured.

"Who?" Aegon shouted.

"Tommen Martell. Hes an old friend. Nothing more."

But now seeing the look on viserys face he was worried when his wife would come home.