2

The red light of the abomination's sword illuminated the clearing in red light, and it was pointed at the whimpering faithly dog from earlier, who had somehow survived the Lamb's purge.

"Tell me where your lovely people imprisoned my friend's and I will let you live. Your god is dead. I'll have no problem butchering the rest. It will be a mercy for you to roam free after what you've done!" The Lamb said in that chipper, upbeat way of theirs, but too forceful to feel genuine, their brutal words lacing it with anger.

Euaemon fought the instinct to run from this unstable god-demon. The gore...that faithly bear split open like a doll. Euaemon had seem horrible things under the tyranny of the Old Faith, the drawn and quartered body of a bunny, left to rot under the sun, friends dying not from violence but from sickness and starvation inflicted by the constant running from the faithlys, glimpses of shadows and dark things in the woods, Mother Mae's terrible truths about the world they both lived in, but the family always sheltered Euaemon from as much death as they could. Euaemon felt sick, but it was impossible to run. The tentacles emerging from the void that the lamb seemed to summon at will attested to that.

Imprisoned? Was that what the ambombination said? How did the demon know everyone was all imprisoned?

The faithly seemed to be shocked as well.
"How dost thou knowth what we didth mid the devils?" The faithly dog said, not able to hide the fear in his voice. The dog's faithly cant brought back memories in Euaemon, and suddenly all nausea was gone, and it was replaced with the hate that had animated Euaemon on the altar. Euaemon took a step towards the faithly, and the dog flinched. Euaemon smiled. It seems the faithly remembered who injured his hand. The dog looked more disturbed when he saw the smile.

"Where?" The demon said, lightly glancing over at Euaemon's mildly psychotic expression, not bothering to answer their captive's questions. They idly shifted the sword to an axe, and then a mace, and then back to a sword.

"In a hole, chainth on a fally tree, mid these pines over there. To the wyrmwise, in the butterflyway. Thou cant mistake. We didn't kill anyone, not yet. We planith of course, moonrise lambly would do the killings for us, but not us. Ore oath. Ore oath. We of the True Faith haith to burn thou wately. Because of thy murders. Now we're death. Everyone's dead."

The dog seemed close to tears at this point, though Euaemon didn't understand half of he just said. Moonrise lambly... A great shock went through Euaemon as the fog on the deer's mind that had been present since Euaemon's abduction melted away as Euaemon suddenly remembered everything. Sahar...! Sahar! Sahar. He had been ambushed too. The faithlys caught him, he had been yelling before the deer's memories winked out. How had Euaemon forgotten that he was in danger? There were fifteen faithly, but so far, The Lamb had only killed eleven, if you included the dog. Cold sweat creeped down the deer's spine. Euaemon had even remarked to the god or maybe demon, "oh yeah the two of us? captured I guess but I'm really not sure. Te hee! Talking to a stranger!"

Four faithlys. That was just enough of them to cut Sahar open and slather themselves in his blood.

In one of the stories, the faithlys took a young, naive sheep boy and ate him by the full moon's light, raising their blood-stained hands to the midnight moon as they worked to strengthen the dark heart of the forest.

They had waited hours to sacrifice Euaemon, even though the deer was limp and unconscious, the picture of docility. Even when they noticed Euaemon was awake, they simply stood there taunting and cooing until the abomination strolled up and casually murdered them all. The deer kept excepting the blade to be brought out but it never was. The faithlys were waiting. Everything sank into a dark void. The dog was saying something, but Euaemon couldn't hear him.

They had a plan...they had a horrible plan..Sahar...they were going to sacrifice Sahar... "moonrise lambly he'll do the killings for us hahha I'm so evil" Lambly was what the faithlys called all sacrifices, after all the slaughter of the sheep was so pervasive, they had taunted Euaemon with the same word. He said that the sacrifice would do the killings for them. A monster. They were going to turn Sahar into some horrific demon creature under their control. Oh gods.

Euaemon tried to speak, but no words came out. The faithly dog seemed to be done with his words, and slowly, the Lamb backed off, giving the dog space. The faithly dog looked back at Euaemon, then The Lamb, cradled his arm and then bolted to the trees. The dog had practically no chance of surviving in Darkwood, at night and alone and injured, odds were he'd be eaten or stumble across some Helob's lair by dawn. The thought only comforted the deer a little.

"Alright", The Lamb said after the faithly left while turning their sword into a torch that cast red light across the clearing, "for translation he said that your people were with the pines to the southwest and that there were seven of them captured. Your friend must've escaped then, and all of their plans are completely ruined and all of their deaths are for nothing. Sucks to be murdering innocents, I guess ."

The Lamb pointed their torch to southwest of the destroyed campsite, where there was a grove of pines. Euaemon suddenly felt great knowing that everyone else (except Sahar) escaped, and there were no other deaths Euaemon needed to worry about. But the deer knew exactly who was down there. Sahar's parents. The foxly's younger sister. He was like family.

"No, no, I wasn't...I wasn't counting myself. My friend. I think they got my friend. What...what did that beast mean by "moonlight lambly will kill for us?" Or something. We need to go back. They were waiting to sacrifice me, maybe they will still be waiting to sacrifice Sahar...There are still faithlys left. Please, please we have to go...back to him. I know you demon-gods don't just do stuff for us mortals for free, but...you can convert me or whatever, I'll be very grateful and dedicated. I'll follow you forever. I'll give you my blood. Or my soul. You can devour me. Please just...help me recuse him."

Euaemon was kneeling, clasping the deer's hands together. If the abomination didn't help Euaemon, the deer would take a weapon, free everyone, and they would all go to free Sahar.

The Lamb's big eyes seemed almost uncomfortable, but they met Euaemon's gaze. If it hadn't been for everything Euaemon had witnessed, without the crown on their head or any obvious traces of a sadistic manner they clearly possessed, the Lamb looked completely mortal. They had a smile on their face, but it seemed worried.

"We need to free your people first. If they've succeeded in their ritual, that's the first place their demonic creation will go. It will seek out flesh. Your people where put there so they would be free pickings for their demon to devour it. If they succeed, I don't think there are any servants of Leshy left, as they would have sacrificed themselves in order to obtain the power necessary to put a spirit inside your friend. Those people...all they want to do is destroy. By moonrise, he meant midnight. These woods are pretty familiar to me. The next altar from the one I found yours is about an hour's walk. Look at the moon. It's twilight now. Once we free your people, I'll just magic them to my cultsite, and we'll go and attempt to save your friend."