005 - 𝐯𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐇 22𝐍𝐃, 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘, 2002

𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐌𝐎𝐍:

This whole week had been awkward after me and benny had that "fight" about him going to a photo shoot with his sworn enemy or something. I did kind of feel bad for making him go, but it was a big deal to be in vogue for a chess player, I mean he had made it every year for the past 4 years, and not once did he suck up his pride to go on this photo shoot with his enemy for a couple of hours? I guess this whole thing did really confused me, benny avoided me for this whole week, and I was a little bit guilty about it. But I got over it yesterday when I asked around and the "team" said that I was right to make Benny do it, because it was the best for his public appearance. 

Like I said, I stopped worrying about it yesterday. Because I had way bigger things to worry about today, I was going to be out of town alone with three men, one of whom might have a small thing for me, and Chris was not happy about that at all.

Today I had to convince him to let me go and if I could convince him to try to not make a scene about me going, plus Beth was going to be there so that might help my case with him.

I started to get ready to go downstairs to present my agreement to Chirs on why I should be going to this thing this weekend, it kind of sounded like I was a single mom's divorce lawyer trying to give the mother money from her ex-husband. 

I sighed in the mirror before heading downstairs

I walked down where Chris was having his dark coffee as always, and reading the newspaper. He seemed so old when he did that I guess he was 43 years old. 

oh yeah that other thing, I am married to someone who is 16 years older than me, of course I didn't plan this. I literally hate being around him but I don't have much of a choice then to be his wife as you know.

I took yet another deep breath before walking over to him. "Chirs..." I said quietly trying to bring it up gently. "yes wife?" he scoffed.

"so you know the trip to Denver....." I said still trying to win him over. 

"yeah I'm not sure I want you to go," he said in a grumpy tone. I sighed, knowing that was coming. 

"Chirs....I need to go it's my job....." I said, my voice trailing off. "so what? they won't care? you're not that special." he scoffed. 

"of course not honey...but.." I muttered. 

"but what? why should I let you go on some trip where you probably will be whoring yourself to any man you can get out there." he snorted. 

"you know I won't do that...." I said softly. "Yes, you would you good-for-nothing bitch. you know what I don't know why I even had to marry some worthless piece of shit like you." He said, and before I knew it he grabbed my shirt and pulled me against his pudding-cup abs. 

I stayed quiet hoping his anger would pass over like a storm. 

"you listen to me. I want a call from you every night and if you get put in the same bed as these men you will be sleeping on the floor do you understand me?" he said pulling me up to his face.