Chapter 22: And I feel fine pt.2

*THUNK*

(Y/n): Fuck was that?

The sudden noise from above catches your attention and that of your momentary companions. Roman's initial surprise is immediately replaced with annoyance as he lets out a tired growl.

Roman: Go see what that is.

He waves his arm towards Neo, which she answers with a nod as she takes her leave to see what the hell crashed on the ship. You, meanwhile, lose interest already and turn back to the control panel in front of you. You push a random button and are rewarded with lasers shooting from below the ship and fly within the now chaotic streets of the city. A large fiery explosion resonates from whatever they hit as you let out a dumbass giggle.

Roman: Alright, alright. My turn.

Gazing down at the menagerie (notthatone) of buttons before him, Roman spots a row of buttons to the side. He places a finger on one end and drags it across, changing the colored buttons from blue to yellow. The result of this action is several muffled explosions resonating from somewhere in the ship. Not long after, a row of missiles fly past your view from the bridge and disappear below into the city. Equal amounts of explosions are soon heard afterward.

Roman: Ahh, it's the simple things in life.

The two of you take turns fucking around with buttons, dealing all sorts of mild property damage to the city below, one of you not fully aware of the beastly beasts helping with the destruction. Speaking of that last word, you both had a fun time having a panic attack when you accidentally found the self-destruct button. Thankfully, you managed to deactivate it right as it went down to three. You agreed with Roman to NEVER touch that button again, probably.

Anyway, as you continue molesting the controls, you could have sworn you heard what sounded like rumbling from outside. You just ignore it, thinking it doesn't concern the two of you. Unaware that if the airship was turned just 90° to the left, you would've seen a mountain explode with a gaint fuck-off dragon flying out of it.

You get a second chance at that, however, as said dragon flies dangerously close to the ship. Letting out an ear piercing screech as it zooms right past the bridge and towards the city.

(Y/n): THE FUCK WAS THAT?!

You and Roman stare bug-eyed out the window where the large black mass flew by. Not three seconds later, hundreds of smaller black forms begin flying past your ship and follow the dragon. Safe to say, for the first time since you got to the bridge, you're curious as to what in the hell is going on outside. This curiosity grows as you hear what sounds like a scuffle going on on the roof.

Just then, the scroll on the port lets out a jingle as an image of a girl in red stares at the camera, the captions "Guess who?" At the bottom. The two of you stare at the picture with different reactions. You raise an eyebrow at the silver eyed girl.

(Y/n): Cute kid, looks familiar.

Roman, on the other hand, sports a look of absolute rage.

Roman: Oooh, you canNOT be serious!

He grabs the scroll and quickly marches out of the bridge to God knows where, leaving you all by your lonesome. On the plus side, more buttons for you! You gaze upon your bountiful button bounty, ignoring the one no-no button, and look at what looks like rows of buttons at the top left. You're gonna get sick of that B word real quick.

Pressing one of them, a screen pops up in front of you. This shows what looks like a weird angle of a hallway. Pressing another shows the familiar evidence room. One shows the roof of the airship, Neo fighting that red girl with Roman charging behind. Another press of a button, and you're shown what looks like an overview of the city. This one catches your attention.