Adventure Awaits

Bonnie, the socially awkward, anxiety filled, dead-child-in-a-bunny-suit didn't know what to do anymore. Everything went to shit last night. Richard Conagher was shot and buried behind the back of the Pizza Plex, the police are on their way, Bonnie's friends are blood thirsty, Freddy is so deep in paranoia that he throws death threats around, and now he isn't even sure anyone wants him around anymore. Like Freddy said, all he does is get in the way, right?

...

Bonnie knows he does sometimes, and he's sorry for those times, but this was too far. Killing Conagher doesn't make them any better than Conagher himself. He had no choice but to get in the way. And maybe he does just sit and do nothing whenever something big happens, because he doesn't know what to do.

What is he supposed to do when a giant blue monster with limbs too long for its body and razor teeth shows up? What is he supposed to do when Todd orders a new Freddy model and their Freddy lodges a crowbar through its head? What is he supposed to do when Moon attacks and kills Gregory behind all of their backs? What is he supposed to do when he's told he gets in the way when he helps but when he doesn't, he's being useless and annoying and name one reason why I should keep you around?

The answer is, Bonnie doesn't know. He's a goddamn child . He's always been a child. All of them are children, who shouldn't have to think about these things, or go through these things, or witness these things, or do these things. But they do, because so many years ago they were murdered and forced to grow up when deep down in their souls they're still babies, lifeless and scared in the backroom of Freddy's, waiting to be freed.

That's alright. Bonnie was already leaving anyway, and now he had even more incentive to. Kat might miss him, but she has Davis and Todd with her. Plus, she probably doesn't need the trouble of Bonnie sticking around as dead weight while the police investigation is going on. What could he do? Try to help and scare the Police into scrapping him? Make matters worse for her? For Todd? For Davis? Yeah, no.

Bonnie's been there since the beginning, he decided he won't be there to see the end.

--------------

"I swear to fucking God, I'm gonna call the police!" Kat screamed, holding her phone close to her chest in warning. She was hyperventilating at this point, too many things that shouldn't be happening were happening all at once.

Freddy was pointing a gun to Davis's head, Davis being cornered to the back of the stage, Todd clinging to her arm, nails digging into her skin. Foxy was holding Freddy back while the other crowded around them, cautious of being shot. Roxanne was standing off to the side, staring at the door with a blank expression, silently.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, you goddamn fucking idiot!?" David shouted angrily, though everyone could see his fingers shaking.

Freddy was quiet as he glared at the chef. His hands were steady as they held the pistol. He could shoot any second, any minute, and no one would know. His movements had always been mechanical in these moments, like he's falling victim to the body he's trapped in.

Instead of taking action at Davis's untimely insult, he merely looked to the empty spot next to him. His plastic eyelid twitched.

"Where is Bonnie."

Everything kind of stopped. Everyone went quiet. The aura got even more tense all of a sudden.

"Bonnie?" Foxy called and let go of Freddy. No response came.

Kat took the moment of faux safety to take a much needed breath. This was fine. Everything was fine. Roxanne only shot Conagher and buried him behind the building at 4:00 a.m. Freddy was only threatening to kill her boyfriend. The police were only on their way to find the dead body. God, she was going to be arrested. Todd and Davis would be too, if Davis came out of this situation alive.

Everything is not fine. It was never fine.

Freddy swore loudly, startling everyone. He put the gun in his chest cavity and stomped off the stage faster than hydraulics are supposed to work. "He went to fucking Afton!" he exclaimed.

"What?" Chica asked.

"What- what do you mean he went to Afton?" Todd asked frantically. She let one hand go from Kat to reach towards Freddy like she wanted to stop him but was scared to get close.

"Augh!" Freddy growled. He kicked one of the chairs and broke the legs off in the process. Everyone flinched. "One of the last things Conagher said before I beat his face in was that Bonnie went to Afton for something. He's trying to leave and standing here explaining this is wasting time." he explained. Freddy turned again and started to run.

"Wait, Freddy!" Foxy cried to no avail.

Roxanne slowly blinked at the retreating form of their friend. She remained eerily silent through all of this.

Kat swallowed dry. She stumbled forward to follow not Freddy, but Bonnie. Bonnie was the last sensible animatronic here, no matter how lost he seemed at times. Sure, Bonnie had the tendency to be unhelpful at times, and he gave in easily to peer pressure, but that didn't mean she wanted him to leave. Not to mention he was still their friend. Losing him would hurt.

"Kat-" Davis tried.

"It's no use." Puppet droned. He caught Kat's arm to stop her. Kat whipped around to glare and opened her mouth to yell, "What?"

Puppet sighed. "Look, my power might be drained but I've seen this before. This was meant to happen, it's what I've been waiting for all this time."

"The fuck do you mean you've been waiting for this?!" Kat accused.

"Puppet..." Todd started.

Puppet interrupted both of them. "If this place is anything like the last, Bonnie was meant to go. That's just what happens. None of you can stop him. Not even me, not even Freddy."

"Go where? Gregory asked as quietly as Monty could manage. He scooted closer to Molten, who didn't spare him a glance.

Puppet shook his head. The big painted tears made more sense in this context, even if he didn't sound or look sad. He just looked... tired. "Where do you think?"

Kat never wanted to punch him more.

Up in space, Bonnie hummed the He-Man theme to himself, playfully cursing Puppet, who got it in his head in the first place. He stared out into the endless beauty that was space. Sextillions of stars out there, and he gets to see them all. He'll get to see Toby's planet and get revenge for them (whatever that meant), then go see other planets and galaxies too.

He'll miss his friends back on earth, probably forever, but there was no going back now. A one way trip, as Afton said.

Bonnie mentally wished them well before he got to figuring out the controls. He has his whole life to find a way to visit them, but for now, well. Adventure awaits.