Chapter Ten: The Final Piece

"Where areee youuu?" A voice asked in the void, its echo sounding across the entirety of the pizzeria.

      A crying child, holding a golden teddy bear in his hands so tight he was about to crush it, sat under one of the tables, trying to hide from the voice that was now looking for him. He couldn't help but continue sobbing, the tears leaving marks on his cheeks from how long they had been running down on his skin.

      "I can hear you Evan... Come on, stop being such a cry-baby and come out! I'm tired of this!"

      The little crying boy held himself together, just praying that the voice for some reason wouldn't find him at all, although he knew it was already too late.

      "You'll protect me, won't you?" he asked towards his plush, which did not move, but somehow the thought that he was listening calmed his heart and absorbed some of his pain and suffering.

      "Bro, your brother is such a coward! How can you stand babysitting him like that?"

      "I can't! I've had enough of this crap! Come on, Evan, just get out and let's be done with this".

      It was his birthday. He had tried to enjoy it, but he couldn't understand why his father had chosen such a place to celebrate... It was his worst nightmare, and worst of all, he had known that they would celebrate the occasion at Fredbear's Family Diner. He had been counting down the days until the one arrived, dreading the passing of time and wishing for it to stop even if just for a minute, but the days had gone by so quickly that his prayers almost seemed to have accelerated time instead of slowing it down.

      "Ah, there you are you little brat!"

      Michael grabbed Evan by his leg, and pulled him from under the table. Now, the crying boy was before four teenagers, one of them being his very own brother, each one with a different animatronic mask covering their faces.

      "Mike... Please, let me go!"

      "Wow, he really just doesn't stop crying, doesn't he Mike?" said the one with a Bonnie mask.

      "Yeah, he's so afraid of the animatronics, he thinks they are going to come during the night and eat him alive! You know what, I'll show you that you don't have to be afraid of these robots, that's all what they are after all! What do you say guys? Seems like my brother wants to meet the big man in person..."

      "No! Not Fredbear, please!"

      As Michael and his friends carried the crying child in their arms, each one of them laughing at the prospect of their little prank, a little girl with two hairtails on the sides came right at them, and although she was of a smaller age she planted herself in front of the gang to stop them.

      "Stop it! Can't you see he's not having fun!?"

      "Well, well, what do we have here? Are you my brother's girlfriend or what?"

      "The hell are you doing kid? You're spoiling the fun of it!" Complained one Mike's friends, the one with a Freddy mask on his face.

      "He's not enjoying it! Put him down, now!"

      "As if..."

      Michael pushed the little girl aside, falling to the ground she hit her knee hard enough to cause a bruise, and started crying. None of the teenagers realised what just had happened, and continued to get closer and closer to the two star animatronics of the restaurant: Fredbear and Spring Bonnie. The two of them were performing at the stage, singing their songs for all children to hear, although they were concentrated somewhere else in the different arcade machines, not paying attention to Mike and his friends, carrying Evan all the way towards Fredbear.