LIAR

Uta can remember many things, some things more clearly than others. For instance, he remembers that he ate something small yesterday... The only thing he can't recall is whether it was an eyeball or finger. Oh well, he ate SOMETHING, that is what matters. For some reason, his mind decides to focus on the word eyeball. Eyeball... Why does that word seem to trigger something?

Oh, yes. Upon their first meeting, he had offered him an eyeball. He had offered the fascinating Ghoul-Human hybrid by the name of Kaneki Ken an eyeball. Resting his chin upon one of his pale hands, he lets himself get lost in the memory. It will be nice to see Kaneki for the way he used to be.

Sitting comfortably upon one of the pedestals that one of his mannequins usually rests on, Uta decides to mix up his daily routine. Instead of greeting every costumer normally, he will pick a customer at random to surprise. He waits a long time, nearly falling asleep in his hiding as the unrelenting sounds of the city around him cause him to feel tired. Suddenly he catches a whiff of his next costumer. It is a familiar scent, surprisingly strong and sweet. It is almost sickeningly sweet. "Toucan..." he whispers to himself, "I haven't seen her in a while..."

Soon he hears the familiar sound of the opening of a door, and the rattle of the closed sign he uses to ward off any humans. Currently he is in one of his moods that causes him to desire absolutely no contact with humans.

"Uta-san!" Touka hollers, her voice accompanied by an additional pair of footsteps. Who is with her? "Hello?" The pitch of her voice rises as she becomes confused. Oh just where could Uta be? "Could he be asleep?" As she utters her last question, the additional footsteps approach him. Perhaps he will find out who accompanied Touka shortly...

Slowly, as if the being lifting the pearl white cloth concealing Uta is hesitant, Uta is soon reveled. "Boo," he says, earning a shriek from the dark haired male that found him.

"What are you doing, Uta-san?" Touka asks, biting her lip to attempt to stop herself from giggling. Although she is trying to hide it, Uta can tell that she found his greeting to her friend hilarious.

"I thought I would surprise you," Uta responds, momentarily eyeing the dark haired male that is currently on the floor. How did Touka become friends with someone so easily scared? To his slight annoyance, Touka insists on introducing him to her friend in the most normal and boring way possible. However, doing things in such a proper manner does have its benefits. After all, during their introduction he is close to the dark haired male, and able to get a strong whiff of his unusual smell. After a series of whiffs, Uta says "I'm guessing that this has to be the effect of Rize-san." At this remark, the dark haired male, whom, thanks to Touka, Uta knows to be named Kaneki Ken lets out a small gasp. He seems surprised to have had his secret figured out so quickly. It isn't too hard, especially if one smells him a few times...

After their brief conversation, Uta begins to work on Kaneki's mask. First Uta asks him a few questions, mostly allergy related, to see if there are some materials that he shouldn't use. Despite being rather busy, trying to write down the answers to his questions and meanwhile brainstorm various ideas for Kaneki's mask, Uta can't help but make observations about Kaneki. Upon first glance he seems like the cowardly and nervous sort of being. His body, despite currently being in a comfortable chair is rigid. Is he trying to sit up straight? Or... Or is Kaneki scared of him?

"The eyepatch is cute. Do you like them?" He asks Kaneki, noting the eyepatch covering Kaneki's left eye. Kaneki smiles sheepishly before responding.

"Oh, ummm..." he stammers, meanwhile lifting his eyepatch to reveal his eye, "When I get hungry, it gets red, and I can't control it that well."