Chapter 1

I'm will stick my head into an oven at one more minor inconvenience.

Being gay is really fucking weird.

One day you're like "Holy shit, penis!" and then the next you're getting called a fag.

We love being a gay in a small catholic Canadian town, am I right?

No. We don't.

It sucks ass.

At this point I'm basically immune to every homophobic slur. Even the ones that don't apply to me because I'm still called them because the idiots at my school have no idea what they even mean they just know "USE IT ON THE GAY KID."

I pushed through a group of popular girls with my favorite excuse. "Move, I'm gay." It never worked half of the time but they at least give me a bit of respect because they like my nails.

I walked into the choir room wanting to stab someone when Ocean ran up to me.

"You're late!"

"No I'm not." I pushed past her. The second I reached my seat the bell rang. Thank fuck, I wasn't gonna get blamed. Because according to Ocean, anything after a minute before the bell rings is late.

I sat down and silently observed what was going on. That's probably what I was best at. Observing. I never actually took part in conversations unless I felt like it. I just watched. I pretty much know everything about everyone.

I know Ocean is a snobby stuck-up grade focused asshole ginger. She gasps like someone was murdered whenever I say 'fuck.' Which is quite often. She refuses to take part in drinking or doing drugs because she's one of those people who thinks it's gonna make her die at 17. Even though her parents are potheads.

Constance is really nice. I feel like whenever she's mentioned in a conversation it's always either with the words 'kind' or 'caring' or 'nice'. Her parents own a cafe and she's really good at cooking apparently. She has a little brother. Other than that I don't know much about her.

Penny is really cool and probably one of my best friends. She has a weird obsession with dolls which is honestly creepy yet cool at the same time. Apparently her parents were arrested for dealing drugs or some shit. She has a brother too. She only refers to him as a total nerd. We talk about a lot of things like gossip and stuff. Apparently she thinks Ocean kind of has a thing for her which is really weird because I swore Ocean was homophobic.

Ricky's disabled. (Okay that sounded kind of ableist but I cant think of any way else to put that) He can't talk, but he does make these comics about him saving a planet of cat ladies. They all have really big tits for some reason. I still read them though, and they're honestly cool.

I seem like a stalker knowing all this shit about everyone, but what else am I supposed to do? There's really nothing to keep up with at this school than all the drama that's going on. God, gotta love being able to listen in on conversations because people think if you're quiet you're just nonexistent.

Except I don't know everything about everyone.

There's this other guy in the choir. No one really talks to him, nor does he talk to anyone else. He's always on his phone texting someone. Supposedly he's only here because he stole communion wine.

Wow, how flattering. An eighteen year old alcoholic.

And fun fact: I don't even know this fucker's name.

He never talks, so how the hell am I supposed to know?! I like to refer to him as 'backwards hat dude' because what the hell else am I supposed to call him when his only distinguishing feature is a black backwards hat that he wears all the time despite the dress code clearly stating 'no hats'.

I still don't see the need for a dress code when we have uniforms. Gotta love catholic schools.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Noel!"

There was that stupid high pitched voice. Fuck.

"Yes, Ocean?" I turned to face her, crossing my legs.

"First of all, fix your posture," She mumbled. "Your spine is going to fall apart."

"Don't care. Continue?"

She rolled her eyes, placing a hand on her hip. "I need you to get me something from the top cabinet. I can't reach it."

"Ask Penny, she's tall."

"Penny isn't here."

Goddamn it.

"Get backwards hat dude." I said blankly.

"Who?"

"Tall guy, backwards hat, defined jaw line, could probably kill you with one punch?" God, I wish he'd do that.

"Mischa?"

I stood up, my eyes wide. "HE HAS A FUCKING NAME????"

"Stop yelling!"

I whispered, "He has a fucking name?"

"Yes, but he's late. Probably smoking pot or something."

"With your parents," I replied.

She exhaled sharply. "Whatever just get the thing!"

"You didn't even specify what you needed!"

"Sheet music, Noel! In the red folder."

"Fine!"

I walked over to the stupid cabinet, trying to reach up and open the stupid thing. I heard the door swing open, but didn't pay any attention. Someone's shoulder slammed into mine, causing me to trip over my feet and almost fall down. Before I fell down, I was pushed back up by one singular hand. The hell..?

I turned around and saw backwards hat dude (Mischa I think?) walking past.

"You're welcome." He said under his breath as he walked past, typing on his phone.

"YOU CAN SPEAK?!!!" I shouted absentmindedly.

He turned around. "Uh... yeah?"

When I could properly hear his voice I immediately noticed an extremely thick accent. Clearly eastern European, like Ukrainian or something.

"You're not from Canada?" I asked again without thinking.

"No?" He had the most confused look on his face.

"Oh, that's cool." I smiled awkwardly.

"Well uh, see ya gay kid." He walked off into the corner of the room.

Gay kid? Seriously?

[ A/N: Half of the stuff in this fic is all headcanon, but yeah 😍 I kinda just threw this chapter together so sorry if it's ass ]