Chapter 5

Can we all agree that smoking weed is (un)attractive?

I'm starting to think that regularly texting another guy outside of school can be considered dating.

Mischa and I have grown a bit closer over the past week or so. We text a lot, except sometimes all he does is sent unfunny pictures and expect me to laugh. Like once he sent me one that said "guess who's getting circumcised?" with someone standing inside of Claire's.

[ A/N: i couldn't put the picture in so i just had to describe it and i'm not even sure if they have Claire's in Canada 😭]

Me: mischa how the fuck is that funny

Mischa: DUDE THEY DO ALL THAT SHIT AT CLAIRE'S YOU CAN PROBABLE GET YOUR DICK PIERCED THERE

Me: what

Mischa: as for the circumcision, it's in a back room and you have to sign like 20 waivers. it's like a 1950s abortion

Me: what the actual fuck

Mischa: what?! it was illegal then, at least in canada
Mischa: it was legal in ukraine tho
Mischa: so at least we were privileged
Mischa: haha

Me: you weren't even alive

Mischa: it still counts 💪💯🗣️🇺🇦

____ ___ __ _

I don't like the fact that my form of a therapist isn't really a therapist, it's a lesbian who's parents are in jail.

I'm talking about Penny, by the way.

She probably needs someone to talk to
more than I do, being honest, yet she still lets me spill all of my totally important issues to her.

"And then he sent me a meme about getting fucking circumcised at Claire's. How the hell is that funny!" I exclaimed, leaning back in my chair. The choir room was empty at the moment, leaving Penny and I alone to talk.

"It kinda is funny," She said with a small laugh.

"Yeah, but then he compared it to a 1950s abortion."

"Goddamn, his humor is broken."

"I still don't even know why I'm texting him," I sighed. Except, I did know. I wanted to know who that girl he texts is so maybe I can ease everyone's minds so they don't have to worry about it anymore. But I didn't tell Penny that part.

"I know why." She smirked. "You have a big fat gay ass crush on him, Noel."

"He's straight as hell, Penny. There's no way he'd like me EVEN if I had a thing for him."

"Have you seen the way he stands?" Penny's voice lowered to a whisper as her eyes flicked over to the doorway where Mischa was standing. One of his knees popped out and a hand on his hip. And of course, his other hand holding his phone.

Penny turned back to me. "There's no way he's straight!"

"Yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes, crossing my legs. The bell rang, causing Penny to stand up and walk to her seat on the other side of the room.

Mischa came and sat next to me, his eyes drifting off to something or someone else. Or nothing for that matter, because his eyes were unfocused as hell.

"Uh.." I looked at him with my eyebrows raised. "You good?"

He was silent for a moment, before muttering: "I think it should be illegal to wear a fedora. Have you seen how damn ugly those are? That's a whole ass crime."

I laughed slightly. That sounded like something someone would say if they were high. That's when he turned to me and I saw how red and watery his eyes were.

Jesus fucking Christ, he's high off his ass.

"Huh...?" Mischa leaned in, his face inches from mine.

"You're fucking high," I said, before I busted out laughing.

"What?"

"How high are you?!" I asked in between laughed.

He seemed to be putting a lot of thought into this. Mischa turned to me.

"Around like... 6'1, I think."

(A/N: For all my british dudes out there that's 185.42 cm. sorry if that's incorrect, i used google lmao 😭)

He thought I meant height. This dumbass.

"Yeah... I'm gonna go."

He raised an eyebrow as I walked over to grab the sheet music in an attempt to distract myself from what was going on. As I was doing so, Penny approached me from behind, whispering.

"Chapter 5. In which our insufferable homosexual protagonist discovered the love of his life is, in fact, a pot head."