confirmation

**Izuku's POV**

I wake up in a cold sweat as usual and walk to the bathroom connected to my room. I splash some cold water on my face and glance at the mirror. “It was just a dream. It won't happen again,” I say to myself, knowing it's true, but my stomach can't help but turn. I've had these nightmares for years, yet I can't shake this feeling of being unsafe. In the nightmare, unlike in real life, Ochaco turned on me. I hate it. It's only getting worse since she came back into my life. I splash water on my face once more, washing away these thoughts, and prepare for my run.

About an hour later, Eri joins me for our run. “Dad, I have a question.”

“Sure, sweet pea, what is it?”

“Why do you still want to be a hero?” she asks, looking down.

“Do you remember how you felt when you were with Overhaul?” She tenses up and nods.

“Exactly. I want more people to be able to feel that way.”

“Dad, you know I love you, right?”

“Of course, Eri, and I love you too. Now, mind telling me what this is about?”

“I don't want to see you get hurt again.” Tears start to form in her eyes. “I hated seeing you so broken. The smile that saved me was gone, and I felt like I just got it back.” She is now full-on sobbing. “I don't want to lose you again.”

I pull her into a tight embrace. “Eri, I'm so sorry for not realizing you felt this way. I promise you I won't ever leave you like that again.” She hugs back, her tears subsiding. “You know I will always be here for you, no matter what you need.”

“You promise?”

“If I break it, you get my Uravity autograph,” I joke, getting her to laugh. I pick her up as I used to and start walking back to the house. After we get back and clean up, we have breakfast with Ochaco.

When we get to Might Tower, I prepare to fly to Kamino Ward since I received a tip that someone I'm looking for is there. I activate Float and Fa Jin, rocketing off with a boom, and arrive there in a matter of minutes. I land near an abandoned bar and walk in.

“How did you find me?” Toya asks.

“Easy, Toya, you normally spend time around bars, but since you're one of the most wanted men alive, you have to go to abandoned ones.”

“I always forget how smart you are. So, you came to fight.”

“Oh, I think we both know I would win, and we wouldn't want this place destroyed like the last one, now would we?”

“That's good. Now, I have to hit you at least once.”

“Okay, go for it.” I hit him with one percent of my power, and he falls to the ground. “Jesus, that hurt.”

“Oh, that was only one percent.”

“I feel bad for other villains.” I put him in Black Whip and walk out, making my way to the station, making sure reporters and others see me. When I finally get flying again, I get Melissa to read the reports that are already coming out.

“You're blowing up all over social media and the news. They are asking how could you catch him so fast when Shoto couldn't do it. They are praising you for no property damage while whenever he gets in a fight with anyone else, there's hundreds of thousands.”

“Good, now what time is my meeting with Nedzu?”

“Noon.”

“Any other news I should know about, M.?”