Background Character: Reminiscence

I sit on the bed, thinking about my death and everything that came after it.
I died at fifteen. It was supposed to (key word, right there) be fun, a quick stop at a famous beach.
Do you know what this beach was famous for? Let me tell you.
Cliffs. Tall, steep cliffs. Supposedly, they were beautiful to look at.
I never really saw the charm, and even less after my death.
I was walking near the edge when a bird suddenly let out the most ear-splitting noise I've ever heard. I was so startled that I took a step back on the rock.
Only there wasn't any rock.
Do you know what it's like to fall? Actually fall, not planned or from a jump?
First, there are no firsts. Everything hits you at once. If you're certainly going to die, lucky you! You're finally going to leave this toxic mess of a world!
...Is what I would say, if I were suicidal. Which I am not.
Back to falling. Your entire brain sort of goes, buh-bye. No sir, I am not staying here while you plummet to the ground.
So, you spend your final moments in the pitch-dark. Until you hit the ground, that is.
Then you wake up, for the briefest of seconds before you feel yourself slip. Slip into the warm, inviting darkness. Where it tells you, or maybe you come up with it to distract yourself from the fact that hello, you're dying, you're safe.
Maybe, if you're unlucky, you'll hear screams, like I did. Maybe, if you're extra unlucky like I was, you'll hear nothing at all after a few seconds, as you lose all your senses.
Usually, forever.
I'm going to assume this reincarnation isn't normal. I'm going to assume I'm the only one that exists.
Isn't that slightly depressing?